Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-17-2001, 12:09 AM   #1
CivicType-R
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to CivicType-R
How many people here have cellphones?

How many people here have cellphones or pagers or something of the sort - if so what service do you have and why did you pick that service?

i have a Nokia 8290 and my service is through cingular - i chose it because it was the cheapest plan with the best service area that included free nights and weekends around here .

"Procrastination is like masterbation its all great untill you find out that you've just fucked yourself"
CivicType-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 02:46 AM   #2
kris
Off playing with fire.

I have criKet, I chose them because they offer unlimited service for $34.95 a month
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 11:24 AM   #3
Porsche
Pretty much amazing

Send a message via MSN to Porsche

I don't and I don't want one until I have at 15 People that might call me for useful purposes during the day. I hate people who have Cell Phones and then talk to friends or make useless calls throughout the day. Anyone with a Job is allowed to have one by my ruling, anyone else is a loser with too much time & money on there hands. I'm just sensitive about this issue because a lot of other students at my school have Cell Phones and I have seen them use it once over a period of like 4 Months.

ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000
Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 05:51 PM   #4
Twist
AF Enthusiast

I'm with Porsche here. I don't need a cell phone. I'm just a student. If some one needs to reach me that bad then they can meet with me. I can see a need to have them when going on long trips or when you're in a city you don't know...

Twist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 07:06 PM   #5
olds88
AF Enthusiast

i have one so i can use it if i break down while on a test drive at work comes in great when its the midle of winter and its a 5 mile hike back to the shop

what is the world coming to???
olds88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 11:10 PM   #6
S Brake
Ferrari Guy

I have a nokia, the one with the removable face plates. now i have a Ferrari plate that i bought off of ebay. my service is VoiceStream, it has free long distance to the whole country on the weekends and my family is spread across the country from boston to san diego, it gets used a ton to call them, but not much during the week because it only has 75 weekday minutes a month, that sucks!
Old 08-19-2001, 03:10 AM   #7
GOD
Banned

Send a message via AIM to GOD
I got a plan with sprint pcs wireless and i pay about 40 bucks a month . I get about 200 peak mins and 1200 off peak mins . I wished i had more but i'm kinda stuck for another 22 months
GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 03:26 AM   #8
primera man
"P-Man"

Send a message via AIM to primera man
I've got one and need it for my job. They are a good idea untill your on your day off and work rings..

I like to carry mine anytime i'm out as you never know when you may need one if you brake down, come to a accident site or need one to nark on that arsehole driver on the highway.

The plan is $24.95 a month with 200 free off peak minutes and all weekend from Friday 7pm till Monday 6am is free.

Current Build.....1/12 Scale Camaro......Almost finished!!!

View All My Models Here.
primera man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 08:57 AM   #9
Bean Bandit
AF Enthusiast

I got one and need it to stay connected to my friends and for the job.
Fun is not a straight line. AFs member #299, loyal european support since 02/2001.
Bean Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 05:07 PM   #10
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

i've had 4, first i had the nokia that everyone has now like 3 years ago, when i was 14, then people started gettin it and i don't wanna have the same phone that everybody else does so i got an ericsson, then lots of people started gettin that! so that pissed me off and i got a motorolla starTAC, that was already played out... and i didn't really like the features on it so now i'm happy with my Nokia 8890, it's kinda like the phone in the matrix. I think it's the best phone i've ever had, it's really small and it has no antenna.... and it's dual-band so i can use it everywhere

and i need a cell phone to stay in touch with my friends, do you know how hard it is to find somebody without a cell phone? holy hell!! i'm glad everybody i know has a cell phone or else there would be chaos...... or maybe just less socializing...... but i use my phone everyday so don't say i don't need it

I don't know what company i have, my dad pays for it so i dunno, i think it's AT&T or maybe it's bell..... who knows
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 06:10 PM   #11
deftonez24
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to deftonez24
Quote:
Originally posted by primera man
I've got one and need it for my job. They are a good idea untill your on your day off and work rings..

Thats the reason i havent given my work my # ive been asked for it but everytime i say uhh it broke. I have a nokia w/ cingular its an ok deal, i need a new face on mine though.
deftonez24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 06:27 PM   #12
primera man
"P-Man"

Send a message via AIM to primera man
Mine has caller I.D on it and if it is work i dont answer most of the time

Current Build.....1/12 Scale Camaro......Almost finished!!!

View All My Models Here.
primera man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 10:02 PM   #13
Porsche
Pretty much amazing

Send a message via MSN to Porsche
Quote:
Originally posted by gang$tarr
i've had 4, first i had the nokia that everyone has now like 3 years ago, when i was 14, then people started gettin it and i don't wanna have the same phone that everybody else does so i got an ericsson, then lots of people started gettin that! so that pissed me off and i got a motorolla starTAC, that was already played out... and i didn't really like the features on it so now i'm happy with my Nokia 8890, it's kinda like the phone in the matrix. I think it's the best phone i've ever had, it's really small and it has no antenna.... and it's dual-band so i can use it everywhere

and i need a cell phone to stay in touch with my friends, do you know how hard it is to find somebody without a cell phone? holy hell!! i'm glad everybody i know has a cell phone or else there would be chaos...... or maybe just less socializing...... but i use my phone everyday so don't say i don't need it

I don't know what company i have, my dad pays for it so i dunno, i think it's AT&T or maybe it's bell..... who knows
No offense here Gan$tarr, but you're on of the people who I feel don't need a cell.

ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000
Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 05:07 AM   #14
thaa
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to thaa
porsche: then you should come here to sweden, everybody has them... from 10yearold to grandma's... can get a bit disturbing at the movies, while eating etc. plus my friend got rearended by a guy in our school - he was playing with his phone while driving...

I think only Finland has more users than we in the world if you look the percentage...

------------------------
Do you like bananas? I got her number! Now, how do you like them bananas?
thaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 05:08 AM   #15
thaa
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to thaa
oh, I got the Nokia 6150 (european market only?) - getting old...

------------------------
Do you like bananas? I got her number! Now, how do you like them bananas?
thaa is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic