Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Cherokee
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 02:34 AM   #16
phrenic13
AF Newbie

Re: Jeep Cherokee Sport Door Speakers

i see nothing wrong with someone reviving an informative post. i checked out my passenger front speaker and noticed it was spliced in the rubber boot between the door and the body. the plastic on the connecter was dry and cracked which caused the wire to short. i just found it easier to run a new wire from the stereo to the speaker and now it works great.
phrenic13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 04:26 PM   #17
meganleighhh
AF Newbie

i just bought my '99 cherokee and the power windows only work from the drivers side. my front speakers also dont work. that helps explain my problems. now to get them fixed.. =/
meganleighhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:06 PM   #18
jjklug
AF Newbie

Again...a '98 Cherokee Sport. The one odd thing about mine is that both front speakers went at essentially the same time. I was told it was the internal amp...and bought a new deck. Obviously the new deck still did not pick up the front speakers, and that is where I am now (returned the new deck to bestbuy this morning. I suppose the next step is to tear the door apart to check out the "faulty wiring" that all of you speak of. Also, this "wiring diagram" would be appreciated as well. (519) 894-3732 or jjklug@rogers.com. Thanks for all the help.
jjklug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #19
xr3dcrunkx
AF Newbie

Cool Re: Jeep Cherokee Sport Door Speakers

sorry to be "that guy" who comments on a post 5 years later but i was wondering if i could get that wiring diagram. i would much rather have that then rip stuff apart or cut and gut like a prehistoric caveman. my 99 cherokee had one speaker go out but would work if you cranked the volume up nice and high then it stopped working all together. then the second front speaker went and i knew it was wiring after i purchased new speakers and they didnt work. is it easier to run a new wire all the way from the cd deck through the dash and door or can i just find some mystery connector in the boot to rewire? any advice would be great. you can contact at

chrisflinsky@hotmail.com
xr3dcrunkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:16 PM   #20
mareilmar
AF Newbie

Trying to revive this post again- I just went to best buy and put a new stereo- also hoping that they we "fix" the front right speaker- and the rear speakers. He told me that I needed new speakers in the back but don't believe him. he said the front speaker has a crimp- duh- if you touch the plastic sleeve in the door it works. Does anyone still have directions of fixing the wires?
mareilmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:12 AM   #21
autolover8
AF Newbie

autolover8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 03:52 PM   #22
I love my jeep
AF Newbie

Hey mate I'm having the exact same problem my left door speaker dosent play on my 98 Cherokee sport. I would really appreciate it if you could email that to me at chonk98@hotmail.com and devor2000@hotmail.com I would be in your debt. Thanks mate!
I love my jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #23
I love my jeep
AF Newbie

And my windows only roll down if I use the driver side controls if you could help with that too thanks!
I love my jeep is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Cherokee