Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > AF in General > Hot and Not
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Hot and Not Express your opinion about this site here. Any comments, good or bad, are welcome.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 09:55 AM   #1
taillight
AF Enthusiast

On-line manuals and wiring diagrams (explained)

Are there any auto manuals or wiring diagrams for free that we can get on line? I feel there is a real need for something like this.
taillight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:17 PM   #2
Towncar
AF Enthusiast

Re: On-line manuals and wiring diagrams

Quote:
Originally Posted by taillight
Are there any auto manuals or wiring diagrams for free that we can get on line? I feel there is a real need for something like this.
There are tons of them. Make, model, year specific mostly. Some are Car vs. Truck and Year specific, etc.

Helminc.com has an online subscription service. Autozone.com features some for free. I have a few CD's & DVD's from Ford.
I've never had too much trouble finding complete factory service manuals posted somewhere.

Yep, you're right, these things are quite handy.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:17 PM   #3
taillight
AF Enthusiast

I am new to this on-line. I have tried to find manuals and wiring diagrams for cars and trucks but have had no luck. I can find the books for sale but no place to get them like All Data or Mitchel manuals on line for free. Is there anything like that? Thank You
Old 08-07-2007, 11:13 PM   #4
Towncar
AF Enthusiast

You're right, there's not too many 'complete' service manuals in an 'online' format.
The ones that that are 'online' are hosted by specific forums, or enthusiasts groups. Hosting an online manual isn't free for the person or group that's doing the hosting that's why their specific to the needs of a group, or offered as a pay as you go service.

What you will find more often is complete 'down-loadable' service manuals, and excerpts from those featuring information for specific repairs; Check my recent posts in the Town Car and Continental forums and even my webpage for examples.

There's a person hosting Torrent links for late model Ford DVD's at FordDvds.com. With these Torrents and Torrent software you can download a complete repair DVD for specific year ranges of Ford, Lincoln, Mercury vehicles.

Many Stereo and Alarm sites host wiring diagrams and installation instructions. Most supplier sites do the same for major components. AnalogStereo.com hosts owners manuals for just about every car on the planet <slight exaggeration>.

Ford's Fleet site hosts most late model owners manuals.

When you say "....but have had no luck..." finding manuals, I say... You're not looking in the right places.

My wife just recently purchased a 1991 Civic DX for our daughter, the next day I found 6+ down-loadable owners and service manuals. For 1991 I didn't expect to find much and neither should you. Electronic manuals didn't "take off" till 1992, so most of what you will find prior to 1992 someone actually scanned the hard copy pages and transferred them to PDF.

Now if you can be more specific as to what Make, Model, Year your looking for, I'm sure we can help you find it, and maybe give you some internet searching pointers. Nobody's waving their flags saying FREE MANUALS HERE!!!
Old 08-08-2007, 08:10 AM   #5
taillight
AF Enthusiast

I have 2 I have been looking for, 93 Chrysler Lebaron wiring and 02 Chevy K 1500 wiring. Thank You
Old 08-08-2007, 08:02 PM   #6
Towncar
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by taillight
I have 2 I have been looking for, 93 Chrysler Lebaron wiring and 02 Chevy K 1500 wiring. Thank You
Autozone has some, as I mentioned earlier:
1993 Chrysler LeBaron 3.0L FI

I don't see anything else jumping out at me, but I'm a bit beat too.
It seems like everyone out there has the FSM for Chevy & Chrysler, but they don't like to share.
Guess they cost too much to begin with Some of these guys report paying $200+ for a FSM

At this point, I would recommend searching out your vehicle specific forums, joining them, searching and asking within the groups; most of them wont allow search without joining.
I belong to a PT Cruiser forum that was helpful in finding the FSM for that car.

You'll also run across lots of folks that will tell you, go buy your own FSM.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:10 AM   #7
taillight
AF Enthusiast

Thank you

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > AF in General > Hot and Not