Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 07:56 PM   #1
AF Newbie

location of oil drain plug for 2000 Isuzu Trooper?

Hi. I have a 2000 Isuzu trooper. I have to change the engine oil very soon. Usually, I take it to Wal-Mart and have them do it. However, I want to try to change it on my own this time. I've changed the oil on my other cars with no problems. However, I am having a VERY hard time loosening the drain plug for the Isuzu trooper. After several tries, I still couldn't get the drain plug to loosen up. Am I messing with the wrong plug? Just to be safe, would someone please tell me where the drain plug is located? The plug I've been messing with is screwed into a pan (i'm thinking it's the oil pan) with a label that says "Tokyo Radiator". Thanks for your help.
72257777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 09:18 PM   #2
rodeo02
AF Enthusiast

Re: location of oil drain plug for 2000 Isuzu Trooper?

Yep. That would be the engine oil drain plug. They do have a HUGE hex nut on them (I forget the size). Get a solid wrench on it and give a whack. This is exactly why you want to change your own oil. You will have zero problems the next oil change.

Joel

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard