Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 02:31 AM   #1
94trooperman
AF Newbie

94 trooper running rough

hi i have a 1994 isuzu trooper ls with 187000 miles on it. it is an automatic with 4 wheel drive. my problem started probably 2 or 3 weeks ago. when i accelerate while driving, my rpms fluctuate and the engine does not run smoothly. in other words, i am not getting a smooth and constant idle under acceleration and get power loss. i am only experiencing this problem when i reach higher rpms (above 3500 rpm). im not sure of the problem but i have so far changed the oil (about 300-400 miles ago), fuel filter (about the same time), and i have tried running a higher octane gas. i am thinking that it may have something to do with my 02 sensor, fuel delivery (rich or lean), or my timing is off. it does not sound like i am having a firing problem because i have experienced that problem before and the power loss is not that drastic. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanx.
94trooperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 08:34 AM   #2
amigo-2k
Isuzu Guy

Re: 94 trooper running rough

I would start with plugs and wires.

Wires would be the number one cause for your problem.

Car Show Tips
Operations manager with a results-driven passion for process improvement
FAQ 98-04 Isuzu Rodeo, Rodeo Sport, Amigo, Trooper

SOLD - NOV2015 - 2000 Amigo, V6, HT winter, ST summer, 2wd
amigo-2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:50 PM   #3
maebz
AF Newbie

Exclamation Re: Re: 94 trooper running rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigo-2k
I would start with plugs and wires.

Wires would be the number one cause for your problem.

hey guys...i myself am running into the same problem. and i was wondering if you could help me out.

although this only started when i went through a puddle. the truck normally runs fine; i am now experiencing a lack of acceleration during the lower rpms. she bogs and it seems she wants to stall. as long as i keep the rpm above 3000 she's fine.

replaced the plugs, checked the airbox, throttle positioning sensor and all that jazz and she still runs rough.

what could possibly be the problem?
maebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 11:59 AM   #4
94trooperman
AF Newbie

update

well i figure out what was wrong with my car. through process of elimination, i found that cylinder 6 wasnt getting spark. the reason: my #6 terminal on my coilpack was not firing. so i ended up driving somewhere around a month on 5 cylinders without knowing it. anyway, put the new coilpack on and its running fine now.
94trooperman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard