Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 01:11 AM   #1
chuck16
AF Enthusiast

Exclamation Tailgate Cables...

Not too sure if this is a good deal or not and I don't need'em. So, just thought I'd pass the link on if anybody was look'in for some.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33647

Happy Bidding...

2008 GMC ACADIA
SLE Edition, 7 passenger model

I AM Canadian!!
chuck16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 06:10 AM   #2
rustcal
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to rustcal Send a message via Yahoo to rustcal
If you go to the your chevy dealer and raise a big fuss they will give you a pair of cables, they just won't be the new stainless steal recall cables. Also, gm said that if they do break before your new set of recall cables come in that they will fix and any and all damage that occurs. My buddies sierra cables broke when we were moving a hot tub, it bent the tailgate and scratched paint on the outside of the tailgate and gm fixed all damage no questions asked. So in short, why buy them when you can get them for free?
rustcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 12:53 PM   #3
chuck16
AF Enthusiast

Re: Tailgate Cables...

Just thought if somebody needed them in a hurry this was the way to go. Just if the dealer didn't have em....

2008 GMC ACADIA
SLE Edition, 7 passenger model

I AM Canadian!!
chuck16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 01:49 PM   #4
almost4
AF Newbie

My recall notice said if they where already broke they would replace for free until the new stainless came in. And if I had already paid to replace them they would reimburse me.
almost4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 08:11 AM   #5
jeep_cj4x4
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to jeep_cj4x4 Send a message via Yahoo to jeep_cj4x4

I replaced my cables already. bought them off ebay about 2 weeks before I recieved the recall notice in the mail. That was about 2 months ago already before I knew about the recall coming out. Anyway, I was also wondering if anyone else has replaced thiers already or even if you still have the origonals on, have you noticed one side having slack in the cable. I replaced mine because one was broke and noticed one side not being pulled tight when the tailgate is open. All the weight is on one side. I switched sides with the cables and it was still slack on the same side. Dont know.....

2004.5 Silverado 2500HD 4X4, LLY, Banks 6-gun/speed brake/intake, Dual bypass oil filter, 4" exhaust, 265/75R16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo2, AirLift airbags, AMSOIL in everything!

84k miles/30NOV11

Yeasu 857D/ATAS-120A - "When all else fails..."

jeep_cj4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 09:24 AM   #6
Nigel215
AF Enthusiast

I replaced one of mine that broke. I also noticed that after i put the new one on that the other origonal one was tighter and leaving slack on the new one. But after a few fat asses and some cabinets they are both even once again.

2000 Silverado LS 4.8, K&N FIPK, Gibson Extreme Dual Exhaust, Line-X Bedliner, Black Speed Grille, Viper Alarm System, Custom Audio system.... (need to update my pic)
Nigel215 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado