Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-16-2002, 10:25 PM   #256
JE123
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Gonthrax
It would be gone in no time at 190, not to mention your skin, flesh and parts of you bones.
It would definitely not be a pretty sight.
Old 01-19-2002, 02:30 AM   #257
Gonthrax
Skyline Guy

Send a message via AIM to Gonthrax
Nope, infact... I don't really want to think about it
Member of AF's Slide Squad (Member #04)

Quote:
Originally posted by taranaki
Postcounts - Phoey....it's not how often you speak,it's whether you actually say anything that matters.

Neishlin Motors
Soon to be my best friend
Old 01-19-2002, 02:35 AM   #258
Si 2 Si
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Si 2 Si Send a message via AIM to Si 2 Si Send a message via Yahoo to Si 2 Si
137 or 136 in my 00' Civic Si (minor mods)
Old 01-20-2002, 06:26 PM   #259
lrantala
AF Newbie

What's the fastest you've gone?

Spedometer read 220 km/hr (137 mph) in my 2000 BMW 328CI, this may not be accurate because the cars specs say it has an electronically controlled top speed of 206 km/hr. This was done on the 417 a freeway in Ottawa canada. I would like to point out that the car was quite capable of going faster and I have hit my top speed numerous times. I'm going to have to get that fixed. Anyone know a good solution?
Old 01-20-2002, 06:43 PM   #260
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

you can order an ECU that takes off the limiter.....
i think dinan sells them
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 01-20-2002, 11:07 PM   #261
Crackerman
AF Regular

yes they do... they also sell superchargers if you need a little more top end
Old 01-21-2002, 12:27 AM   #262
Steel
AF Fanatic

at 190, i'd be wearing GOOD leathers, that dont go in 2 seconds. Plus i saw a guy crash on his bike at like 200 something, only broke his ankles....and he was being dragged along with the bike. Your body actaully slows down really fast. Not fun, but i'd rather be rolling around on my own then strapped into a metal deathcage flipping around everywhere. Plus, there is such a thing as lowsiding the bike, and if you're good enough, you can sit on the bike while it skids on its side.

But the simplest thing to do is not to crash.
Old 01-21-2002, 01:12 PM   #263
mastachi
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mastachi
speed...

i used to go to high school on a military base in germany..this advantage of course was the autobahn..i own an almost stock GST..but thats not the point, for prom of my senior year, my dad rented a CLK AMG 55 for me to drive..first thing i did with that car was go tailgate a porshe, i believe it was a carrera 4s..it was off to the races.. he pulled away really fast an i followed him as fast as i could..i got the car up to about 183 mph before i lost the edge..i couldnt handle the speed the porshe slowly pulled away..this all took place on the zuffenhausen autobahn going north of stuttgart...biggest adrenaline rush i ever experienced..
Old 01-21-2002, 03:44 PM   #264
JE123
AF Enthusiast

I wish I could drive on the autobahn. I bet there are races everyday. What speed do most people drive on them? Are there a lot of accidents on them?
Old 01-22-2002, 03:35 AM   #265
chenZen
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to chenZen
autobahns...mastachi

sorry to change my handle..but something wouldnt let me use my password..well anyway. you would think there were alot of races, but there really arent. For a couple of reasons, one reason is that if they want to go fast, they dont race, its whoever has the balls to go the fastest. Another reason is that the Polizei (police) have very harsh punishments for street racing. As long as you are on the autobahn thats not going through a city, you can go as fast as you want, they dont have state troopers on your ass, they have sneaky little cameras hidden in the places where they do post speed limits, but usually there out of film anyway, and most of the speed limits are posted only where theres a lot of congestion and residential areas. As for accidents, you wouldnt believe, but dont occur that often. But when they do, its a doozey, usually fatal. I think the reason why there are less accidents is that in germany, you have to go to Fahrshule (drivers school) for six months and pay 3000 duestche marks, or 1500 Euro's before you can get your license. All in all, driving in germany is definately an experience, but watch out, germans have a subconcious grudge against american and japanese cars, especially if you are in the fast lane, lets just say they use there brights alot..
Old 01-30-2002, 02:08 PM   #266
2fast626
AF Newbie

New here

Sup yall, thought id join the group considering i found a fellow 626 owner, although i dont have the turbo GT model. I wish. I have the naturally asperated 2.2l, Current MODS include

Lightweight aluminum Radiator
Cold Air induction with K&N cone style element
strait through (no CAT) 2.5 inch Flowmaster Exhast tubing
AC Kevlar Shell 300mm Canister Muffler w/ silencer
Rebuilt transmission 2k miles ago

Sound System
2 Audiobahn AW1208x 1500 watt RMS subs
audiobahn A18001D Class D amp
Audiobahn ABC600X 6.5 inch components built into the door panels my custom made by me kick panels
Clarion CD deck

MOD to come
Next month- Corvette Yellow Paint
Yellow Gauge Faces,

March- Yokohama Parada Rubber

IN NEED!
Im trying to find a lowering kit, coilovers or something for this car, theres hardly anything out there for my 626. Its annoying the crap outa me. I dont want to get the springs heated, cuz thats ghetto, but i need something, cuz my handling sucks.

Oh yea, in reply to that Top speed, my car topped out at 135, wont go any faster due to the fact that its an aerodynamic equivilent of a brick, and the only reason it got that fast was because i was in the hill country and going down a hill. normally on flat highway it tops out at 125.

Jeff Juarez
Old 02-02-2002, 12:41 AM   #267
schadenfreuder
AF Newbie

The fastest I've ever gone was a measly 95mph in my '91 Mitsubishi Mighty Max, right before I got pulled over...
Old 02-03-2002, 02:25 PM   #268
furiousd
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to furiousd
precisely 100 in my suburban. damn punk ass kid in the beamer his daddy bought for him had no balls.
Old 02-03-2002, 10:49 PM   #269
z24eurostyles
AF Regular

120 on the free way in my z
Old 02-03-2002, 11:28 PM   #270
NSX-R-SSJ20K
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to NSX-R-SSJ20K
105 something like that i didn't have the bottle to go faster

650mph if you count that airliner i was on