Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 05:19 PM   #1
jeep_cj4x4
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to jeep_cj4x4 Send a message via Yahoo to jeep_cj4x4
crapy driving lights

What is the deal with these driving lights? I have replaced the bulbs in both sides atleast twice in the year that I've owned the truck. I live in the city so bumpy jaring roads arent blowing them and the weather has been mostly dry so water isnt getting in the lens blowing them......

Is there a bulb that is better and wont keep blowing? Is there a different amp fulse I should replace that controls them?

2004.5 Silverado 2500HD 4X4, LLY, Banks 6-gun/speed brake/intake, Dual bypass oil filter, 4" exhaust, 265/75R16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo2, AirLift airbags, AMSOIL in everything!

84k miles/30NOV11

Yeasu 857D/ATAS-120A - "When all else fails..."

jeep_cj4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 08:32 PM   #2
silveradoman
AF Enthusiast

Re: crapy driving lights

Donīt touch them with your bare hands, the oils no your skin may make them blow. At least wipe them off if you do.
silveradoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 11:37 PM   #3
chuck16
AF Enthusiast

Driving lights

Check the wiring back from the Driving lights. Perhaps you have a pinched wire near the battery or around the bumper. Also make sure the ground on the driving lights isn't dirty. A bad ground won't kill the lights but, it will make them appear as though they aren't working.

2008 GMC ACADIA
SLE Edition, 7 passenger model

I AM Canadian!!
chuck16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 06:44 AM   #4
jeverett
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to jeverett Send a message via AIM to jeverett Send a message via MSN to jeverett Send a message via Yahoo to jeverett

If your talking about the DRL's, I just disconnected mine all together. I dont like them, plus the bulbs kept blowing.
"BIG 3"
2500+ watt audio

jeverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 06:51 AM   #5
Nigel215
AF Enthusiast

I have the same problem on my truck. I have replaced the factory clear lights about 2 times in the past 9 months. I live in the city to, so there arent too many bumps. I had an even worse problem when i put in some of thoes "hyper white" bulbs in their. I used them because i have black bumperlights and it just looked sic. But the downside is that i was replacing the bulbs every 3-4 weeks.They werent just burning out, they were actually blowing up, and they are the right size and voltage and everything. I have the same exact bulbs in the turn signals and i havent had any problems in the past 5 months i have had the black lights. I really want to put the hyper whites back in the DRL's. Anyone know how i can fix this?

2000 Silverado LS 4.8, K&N FIPK, Gibson Extreme Dual Exhaust, Line-X Bedliner, Black Speed Grille, Viper Alarm System, Custom Audio system.... (need to update my pic)
Nigel215 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado