Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Street/Track Racing Stories! Beat any Mustangs today? Tell everyone about what your Honda can do! (Keep it clean)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 06:51 PM   #16
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kman10587
Re: Kill - 95 Lancer Evo III vs. 00 ITR

That's true, the AWD should help the Evo off the line and then hurt it at higher speeds. The ITR's lack of torque should hurt it off the line, but its marvelous top-end should help it at higher speeds. Something is odd about this story
kman10587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 08:21 PM   #17
BeEfCaKe
AF Enthusiast

Well from what I understand, the evo didin't launch and so it is reasonable for the ITR to stay with him, especially since he didn't even floor it at first. I do have doubts about the 8 cars though, what kind of car are you using as reference? 8 SMART cars? 8 Geo Metro's?
BeEfCaKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 12:12 AM   #18
MR2Driver
AF Enthusiast

Yeah dude, i know when ur pullin hard and their falling back they look like they're WAY back there when they are just a few cars....
MR2Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 02:52 AM   #19
TatII
AF Fanatic

well even though a Type R's highend is good, its still not 290hp EVO top end. and you also gotta remember. those old EVO 3's only weights 2800 lbs. so your making 95 more hp and only weights 200 more lbs. you do the math. i know a guy with a type R and my friends 94 special edition prelude V-tec would pull on him on the top end. granted they trap at 96mph. that same type R lost to my friends S2000 by 3 cars on the top end. and my friend with the S2000 lost to my friends EVO by 4 cars from a roll. so you that Type R would in turn lose to my friends EVO 8 by 7 cars. now that EVo 3 makes more power then my friends EVO 8. but also weights 500 lbs less. you guys are giving hte type R too much credit. its not even close to being and the same class.

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
TatII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 05:04 AM   #20
97Tsi
AF Enthusiast

Obviously, the ITR won't match up to the evo, but I know from experience...those integra's pull hard on the top end, especially 3rd gear. KrNxRaCeR00's type-R walked away from me when he hit 3rd gear vtec...sigh
97Tsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 10:08 AM   #21
TatII
AF Fanatic

for reals?

hmmmmm oh wellz. i mean i never saw that guys type R as a threat. i always walk away from him on 3rd gear.

Best E.T. 13.559
Old 09-19-2004, 11:50 AM   #22
PearlGT
AF Enthusiast

the part where he said "My friend said f*** it" and started pulling made me assume the friend driving the evo probably wasn't going full throttle until that was said, probably most likely because there was a police station close by. I dont know, im just assuming.

Also you'll never be able to measure with great accuracy how many cars you have on somone but from what i understand, the evo was far enough ahead to tell somone that the ITR never posed much of a threat to the evo in the first place
PearlGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 12:14 AM   #23
97Tsi
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatII
for reals?

hmmmmm oh wellz. i mean i never saw that guys type R as a threat. i always walk away from him on 3rd gear.
Yea, he pulled pretty hard. Granted KrNxRaCeR00 can drive his integra's well, those cars are no joke.
97Tsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 01:13 AM   #24
10sec-Hopeful
AF Enthusiast

Hey guys:

Alrighty, let me get started:

Yes, I was not lying, I'm pretty sure about my car lengths, and it was no closer than 7 cars, 6 is giving it too much credit, it was way back there. Turns out my little brother knows the driver of the ITR, or at least knows who he is, and he has only had it for 2-3 weeks tops, and wasn't familiar with the area we were at. He MAY have been better had he driven it for longer, but obviously he was new with it, so he might have not been accustomed to racing. My little brother said it was near 230 HP though, from what he had heard, and said the guy is saying he beat an Evo 3 on the streets, so we are out lookin for him now.

I asked my friend about the whole import deal, and he said he got it from Australia. He went there about a year back, and that is where his love for imports had come from. Said it only cost him $8,000 to get it shipped, but to get it licensed and to insure it cost him about $12,000 in Washington. He said it was roughly $20,000 altogether.

Yes, he said f*** it near the cop station because his detector wasn't going off, and he decided a ticket was worth it.

Hopefully this clear up some things.
10sec-Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 06:58 AM   #25
civicHBsi91
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to civicHBsi91

Ok so clearly if he says he won then he thought he had won and let off. Probably cant drive the car very well yet either.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:46 AM   #26
TatII
AF Fanatic

what a freaking loser. i hate punks like that. well your just goin to have to do a money run with him and in front of everyone too to shut him up.

Best E.T. 13.559

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!