Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 11:40 PM   #16
R.W.240
Banned

Re: TITANIUM, help a mofo out plz

Fuck spending 1000+ on an Exhaust.

I got my KTS Titanium for cheap (Sub 700$). I don't know if Kuah is gonna get other ones though. AFIAK I have one of three in the US.

Call Kuah and ask him...
R.W.240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:42 PM   #17
Hit_N_Run-player
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Hit_N_Run-player

1 of 3, damn. 700 doesnt sound that bad, but the ones that are being listed for like 1500$+ are outrageous.

Horsepower sells cars,
Torque wins races!
Hit_N_Run-player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:43 PM   #18
R.W.240
Banned

P.S. Stay away from Raretrick. I had semi decent dealings with them but I've heard horror stories.
R.W.240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 12:38 AM   #19
Skylindrftr
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Skylindrftr

the only thing ive every ordered from raretrick were hks sparkplugs and they had quick shipping and my dealings were good so i dunno, what's really leaving me hanging right now is suprastore.com who i bought a blitz live action unit for my dc temp meter and its been 3 weeks and i havent got it =(
Skylindrftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 01:02 AM   #20
nissan_240sx
AF Enthusiast

"Welcome to SupraStore.com!! The multi-million dollar goliath of sport compact performance parts and accessories. If you are looking for Toyota or Lexus performance, look no further. At SupraStore.com we've designed, developed and carry all the parts you'll need to enable your dream. Our business model is simple. Offer excellent pricing, fast shipping and outstanding product and customer support. Official supplier to Universal Pictures for The Fast and the Furious. If you do not see it call!!! Worldwide Shipping"

It took my friend a month and I think 2 weeks before he got his crower cams for his supra

1992 240sx SE Fastback 5speed

nissan_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 05:56 AM   #21
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.W.240
Fuck spending 1000+ on an Exhaust.

I got my KTS Titanium for cheap (Sub 700$). I don't know if Kuah is gonna get other ones though. AFIAK I have one of three in the US.

Call Kuah and ask him...

who is this Kuah? Where do i find out how to contact him? Thanks all.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:48 AM   #22
240SXSlideStar
AF Enthusiast

He's the guy that runs SPL Parts.

JDM Racing Motors inc
Montreal, Canada
www.jdmracingmotors.com
240SXSlideStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 06:16 PM   #23
2.4L of Torque
AF Enthusiast

"IMO, titanium isnt worth it, too much. unless your running an uber awesome race car, which in that case i still would rather rock 4" straight pipe if i had a car that great... Why do you want to get Titanium exhaust so much? You could save a 1000$ and put it towards different mods, and still get a decent SS system. Ah well, its your money, i think the ARC has some damn nice looking welds!"

Thank you..I thought I was gonna get the jump on the bash wagon..because this guy doesnt like titanium.
2.4L of Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:25 PM   #24
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

guys please dont worry about my cash flow. Its my choice i like what i like. I know if i went with lets say a 700 dollar regular exhaust i would save a couple hundred towards something else. This car is my project car. It will be forever as far as im concerned. There is only one other car that i would waste money on and that doesnt come out till 2007. And i wont be able to afford that anyways. So im stuck with a 240 lol. It may be a sad story to others, but iv been waiting to do this up since i was 15( i turn 21 in 2 months). Slow start i know(made some bad "growing up" decisions in my lifetime). But my finances are lets say, better than ever right now. Iv got grands(yes plural) to spend and it comes in a steady rate. Spend one check on car then spend the other on bills, then use excess bill cash on car lol. (i get paid bi-weekly so i when i do get paid its a fat ass amount) Sure i could have a sweet ass ka-t setup right now. But thats no good in a janky gangly ass beat up worn out car that has troubles being stock.......

Im not totally set on titanium for sure. Thats why i was asking you guys what other titanium's are out there. But since RW said he got his at a good price, i might as well look into it. Titanium yes saves weight, but also has a characteristic sound to it as well.

Thanks all for help.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:24 PM   #25
nissan_240sx
AF Enthusiast

nice to hear you got a good cash flow going, more power to you
BTW, how are your 240s coming along?

1992 240sx SE Fastback 5speed

nissan_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 09:45 PM   #26
Hit_N_Run-player
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.4L of Torque
"IMO, titanium isnt worth it, too much. unless your running an uber awesome race car, which in that case i still would rather rock 4" straight pipe if i had a car that great... Why do you want to get Titanium exhaust so much? You could save a 1000$ and put it towards different mods, and still get a decent SS system. Ah well, its your money, i think the ARC has some damn nice looking welds!"

Thank you..I thought I was gonna get the jump on the bash wagon..because this guy doesnt like titanium.
umm, im not understanding exactly what your saying. Maybe you forgot to insert some sarcasm? By "this guy" do you mean me? because i said that because i cant quite justify spending that much on a single item for my car, when the item costs more than my car did...

Horsepower sells cars,
Torque wins races!
Old 01-18-2006, 09:48 PM   #27
Skylindrftr
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Skylindrftr

i actually canceled my order at suprastore b/c they just now told me that they didnt have my item in stock...they only had live units for dc2 meters which are 25 bucks more...
does anyone know if the blitz live active unit for the dc 2 meters will work for the standard dc meters?
Skylindrftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 09:49 PM   #28
Hit_N_Run-player
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuki_breath
guys please dont worry about my cash flow. Its my choice i like what i like. I know if i went with lets say a 700 dollar regular exhaust i would save a couple hundred towards something else. This car is my project car. It will be forever as far as im concerned. There is only one other car that i would waste money on and that doesnt come out till 2007. And i wont be able to afford that anyways. So im stuck with a 240 lol. It may be a sad story to others, but iv been waiting to do this up since i was 15( i turn 21 in 2 months). Slow start i know(made some bad "growing up" decisions in my lifetime). But my finances are lets say, better than ever right now. Iv got grands(yes plural) to spend and it comes in a steady rate. Spend one check on car then spend the other on bills, then use excess bill cash on car lol. (i get paid bi-weekly so i when i do get paid its a fat ass amount) Sure i could have a sweet ass ka-t setup right now. But thats no good in a janky gangly ass beat up worn out car that has troubles being stock.......

Im not totally set on titanium for sure. Thats why i was asking you guys what other titanium's are out there. But since RW said he got his at a good price, i might as well look into it. Titanium yes saves weight, but also has a characteristic sound to it as well.

Thanks all for help.
Thats awesome to hear. I wish i could have money flowing in like that.

Horsepower sells cars,
Torque wins races!
Old 01-18-2006, 10:07 PM   #29
Murherar
AF Enthusiast

dude eff everyone dissing titanium exhaust. If i met you and you said you had titanium exhaust i would think that was soo awesome. Plus u are going to autocross so that makes it worth it even more. I mean i know u guys are giving ur opinion but hes asking what kind of exhaust he should get not whether or not you like it. I have apexi N1 exhaust, but dont get me wrong i way would rather have titanium. And titanium exhaust isnt just for skylines and supras, what the heck?? watch some best motoring international....amuse s2000, miata, wrx, and many more cars have titanium exhaust. IMO titanium exhaust is superior.
Murherar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 10:58 PM   #30
240SXSlideStar
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murherar
IMO titanium exhaust is superior.
Of course it is! The issue wasn't if it was good or not, the issue was the price, Ti is 2-3 times the price.

JDM Racing Motors inc
Montreal, Canada
www.jdmracingmotors.com
240SXSlideStar is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX