Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 12:05 PM   #121
VenomInMyVeins
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: z06 vs modena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtdg19
Why do people insist that anything being compared to a ferarri is as absured of a comparision there can be?
Because they're ignorant
VenomInMyVeins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 01:52 PM   #122
Kurtdg19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kurtdg19
Re: Re: Re: Re: z06 vs modena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomInMyVeins
Because they're ignorant
As much as I hate to admit it, that statement probably has some truth in it.
Kurtdg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 08:26 PM   #123
Kurtdg19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kurtdg19
Okay, here we go. I found some times on the same track for both cars. Now these are the best credible times that I could find for both cars. There is one detail im missing about it though. I'm not entirely sure if they were compared on the same day (then again they may well be), but its still on the same track, from the same sponsor and driver. Please this may not be entirly accurate (given of what I said), but its the best I could find.
Road and Track did a article called "Sibling Rivalry", which compares a multitude of cars. They compare 2 cars of each company with a total of 6 companies. The Z06 and the Modena both have recorded track times for this coarse. Both of these cars ran the fastest two laps out of all the cars (including a 911 turbo). The Z06 ran a time of (2:08.39 seconds), the Modena (2:07.65 seconds) on the Thunderhill Park coarse (California). Very close as I said, considering this was a 01' Z06. Would the times of been closer with an 02'+ Z06? I don't know, but maybe. Given that I don't have enough information to say if these were recorded on the same day, they may not be the best times you can find.

These two cars are very very good on the track, no doubt about it. What would the main factor be between these two in a matchup? If you ask me, now I'm going to say the driver, no question. Their both to close to call accurately.

If you would like a link i'll glady post it, just let me know.
Kurtdg19 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons