Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 626/Capella/Capella Wagon
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 10:49 PM   #1
jaiku12
AF Newbie

Unhappy 97 mazda check engine light - HELP!!

Hi Fellow mazda troubled souls!!

Since Ibouth this 97 mazda 626 i have had nothing but trouble!! 10 miles after i drove it away from the dealer (who did not give me any warranty) the check engine light came on..i took it to a dealer who checked and asked me to change the o2 sensors..then the belts..then the exhaust manifold..now i still have the engine light on!! Two days back..the car stalled many times and the engine died down on a couple of red lights but I managed to reach home..took it to a mechanic, he tinkered some thing ..the car has been running fine..except that whenever I start the ignition after the car has been idle and cold for a few hours..i get a (not atall) funny screeching noise,,can't describe the noise..this only comes on when the ignition is started after resting for atleast a few hours..once the car has been started and driven for a while subsequent starts don't create this noise..the light is still on..iam fed up..

Help!! HELP!! HELP!!
jaiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 10:56 AM   #2
1995626es
AF Newbie

Re: 97 mazda check engine light - HELP!!

Wipe computer. Put on belt dressing.
1995626es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 12:47 PM   #3
AUTOUSA
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiku12
Hi Fellow mazda troubled souls!!

Since Ibouth this 97 mazda 626 i have had nothing but trouble!! 10 miles after i drove it away from the dealer (who did not give me any warranty) the check engine light came on..i took it to a dealer who checked and asked me to change the o2 sensors..then the belts..then the exhaust manifold..now i still have the engine light on!! Two days back..the car stalled many times and the engine died down on a couple of red lights but I managed to reach home..took it to a mechanic, he tinkered some thing ..the car has been running fine..except that whenever I start the ignition after the car has been idle and cold for a few hours..i get a (not atall) funny screeching noise,,can't describe the noise..this only comes on when the ignition is started after resting for atleast a few hours..once the car has been started and driven for a while subsequent starts don't create this noise..the light is still on..iam fed up..

Help!! HELP!! HELP!!
What did mechanic did to as I am having same symptoms?Thanks
AUTOUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:04 AM   #4
Trigggl
AF Newbie

Have you tried to change the plugs/wires/cap? My 95 v6 runs rough when it warms up. I replaced the plugs with some platinum ones. The car runs a lot better now, though it still has problems. At least it doesn't jerk when I'm at a stop, now. I also replaced the PCV valve. I'm hoping that when I can afford to change the cap and wires, that the rest of the hesitation goes away.

Wife's car:
06 Outback 4cyl 5speed green
Trigggl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:39 AM   #5
AUTOUSA
AF Regular

WELL I ACTUALLY DID THAT AND FOUND THAT PLUGS INSIDE MY ENGINE WERE FAIRLY NEW AND THEY WERE BOSCH PLATINUMS.I THINK THEY ARE NO GOOD FOR MAZDA CARS.
AUTOUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:29 PM   #6
Trigggl
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTOUSA
WELL I ACTUALLY DID THAT AND FOUND THAT PLUGS INSIDE MY ENGINE WERE FAIRLY NEW AND THEY WERE BOSCH PLATINUMS.I THINK THEY ARE NO GOOD FOR MAZDA CARS.
That's weird. I was told the opposite.

Wife's car:
06 Outback 4cyl 5speed green
Trigggl is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 626/Capella/Capella Wagon