Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Mustang Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 12:35 AM   #1
pchangel
AF Newbie

94 Mustang Convertible - Seat Belt Alarm Malfunctioning

Recently the seat belt alarm and the fasten seat belt image on the dash board of my daughters 1994 Convertible started coming back on after she is driving down the road. It basically starts out blinking and dinging as usual when she first cranks the car up, she buckles the seatbelt and five or six seconds later, its does the same thing again, while the seat belt is buckled. I drove the car this morning and it did the same thing with me at least four time before it stopped messing up. Has anyone had this problem before? The light and chime just comes back on for no aparent reason its seems. We've checked and double checked to make sure the seat belt was latching well and it seems fine. Could this be a fuse going bad maybe? Thanks in advance for any respones!

Angie
pchangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:14 AM   #2
timjackie2001
AF Newbie

Re: 94 Mustang Convertible - Seat Belt Alarm Malfunctioning

We had the same problem on my sons 95 convertible. Never could figure out exactly what was causing it, but we did find the box in the dash behind the stereo that makes the dinging. There are 2 plugs on it. Coming from the drivers floorboard, unplug the one closest to thefirewall, and the light will go off and the dinging wll stop.

I know this won't solve the problem, but it will make it a little less annoying until you can get it fixed
timjackie2001 is offline   Reply With Quote