Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Interior | Exterior | Appearance
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Interior | Exterior | Appearance The place for all interior, exterior and general non-performance modifications.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 10:14 PM   #1
[RIT]IVIr_Evil
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to [RIT]IVIr_Evil Send a message via MSN to [RIT]IVIr_Evil
Exclamation Urgent.. Hooking up amp to stock deck with converter...

I looked in haynes for a wiring diagram for a 99 blazer.. and i went by what the book said.. I hooked the wiring harnest up to the rear positive speaker wires now im having trouble finding the ground..

Which black wire is the ground? the harnest on the right or left?

Where do i hook the remote amp up too.. i want the acc but what color wire is that? and what harnest right or left..?

This is the last of my stereo install and its buggin me out..

If anyone can help and list all the wires in both harnest's that be great..

thanks Tom..
Old 08-01-2005, 10:26 PM   #2
JC327
AF Regular

Don't have any documentation handy, but as this is what I do for a living, I think I pretty much remember the codes so here goes...

Your Acc wire should be green or yellow, and should be the second wire on its particular section of the harness, beside an orange wire (which is the constant 12v). The ground is the black wire at the other end of that particular section of the harness. The factory radio wiring harness should be divided into four sections, you should see what I mean when you look at it.

Of course, it is best to use a continuity tester to make sure you have the right wires, especially if this is not something you do on a regular basis. They are very simple to use.

Not sure what you are hooking the ground up to though, if it is for the amp ground, the radio ground is not going to be what you are looking for. You should ground the amp directly to the body or chassis using the same guage of wire as the wire that powers the amplifier.

If you are looking for grounds for the speaker side of the RCA converter, hooking those up to the radio grounds is really not going to be what you want in this case - that would be okay for a "common ground" system, but those haven't been used in years and are not the most efficient way of doing it. Hook up the grounds to the corresponding rear speaker grounds.

The rear speaker codes for yours and almost all GM vehicles at the radio harness are:

RR+ Dark Blue
RR- Light Blue
LR+ Dark Brown
LR- Yellow

They are all four on the same section of the harness and are the only four wires on that section.

Hope this helps and good luck with your install.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:35 PM   #3
[RIT]IVIr_Evil
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to [RIT]IVIr_Evil Send a message via MSN to [RIT]IVIr_Evil
Re: Urgent.. Hooking up amp to stock deck with converter...

thanks for the help.. but I have one more question I have only one yellow wire and I don't know if it is the speaker or the acc.. ?? any help?
Old 08-02-2005, 12:31 AM   #4
[RIT]IVIr_Evil
AF Newbie

and since I only have one yellow wire.. and the book calls for the yellow to be the negative of one of the speakers and the acc? Im really confused over that part.. ?
Old 08-02-2005, 02:03 AM   #5
JC327
AF Regular

If you only have one yellow wire, then your Acc wire is probably going to be green, right beside an orange wire on the radio harness. The yellow wire, if it is the only one, is going to be your left rear negative speaker wire.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:51 AM   #6
[RIT]IVIr_Evil
AF Newbie

awesome.. thanks for all the help everyone.. im gonna go try it out right now befor work..
Old 08-02-2005, 07:25 PM   #7
[RIT]IVIr_Evil
AF Newbie

found out that I had the remote wire on hooked up to a speaker wire and not the acc.. all that hassle for that.. thanks for all the help everyone... - tom
Old 08-03-2005, 12:57 AM   #8
riccbhard
AF Regular

Just as a suggestion. http://www.the12volt.com is a excellent resource. Join for free and you'll get free access to wiring information; that tells what color and what funtion the audio system wires are (radio, power, speakers, etc....)

(P.S. - I'm not trying to advertise here; just a suggestion. I'm not a advertising kind of person)
Old 03-09-2008, 06:11 PM   #9
ckuhn6
AF Newbie

what wires do i hook the converter to on a 2002 jeep grand cherekee on the factory amp
Old 03-10-2008, 09:44 PM   #10
ZL1power69
GM S-Series Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckuhn6
what wires do i hook the converter to on a 2002 jeep grand cherekee on the factory amp
This thread is about two and a half years old. please refrain from posting in old threads. You might have more luck if you start a new thread in the jeep grand cherokee section .
Exterior Mods: Just Right

1987 Buick Turbo T Dark Red
Low 11 sec sleeper
.030 4.1 block, PT6262E, & other odds and ends....
My Cardomain

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Interior | Exterior | Appearance