Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Quest | Presage | Serena
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 09:30 PM   #1
arvanitas
AF Newbie

2000 Quest MPH/Odometer Dies

At low speed, below 45 MPH, the speed indicator will be erratic and die indicating zero MPH. The odometer will also die and not register any distance. I thought this was an electrical problem since the radio display was blank. I finally took it in when, for a 10 minute period, the van began to chug and not fire. I believe that the problem is a failing Alternator. The Nissan Mech tightened the battery cable an charged me $70. The problem came back a week later. Good thing I bought that Extended Warantee...
arvanitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 11:35 PM   #2
mozeydozey
AF Newbie

Speedo/Radio display...

I had the same problem with my 2000 Quest. There is a site where they will give you the info on how to fix it (for a fee).

http://www.shareamemory.com/radio/i...tm#volume%20fix

Now I don't know if there is a connection with this story I am about to tell.

My speedometer stopped working the other day. It also started to run very rough from time-to-time. I had my mechanic run a diognostic on the OBDII scanner. It said the speed sensor (no more speedometor cable these days) and the anti-knock sensor was in need of replacing. He reset the code for the computer on the vehicle. The speedometor works now and it runs fine without even replacing these parts. By the way, my radio display which hasn't worked for over a year suddenly works fine now.

Stay tuned. (no pun intended).
mozeydozey is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Quest | Presage | Serena