Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Sequoia
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 12:25 PM   #1
LanPhantom
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to LanPhantom
2004 Won't Start :banghead:

2004 Sequoia will not start. Replaced plugs as my old ones looked really worn. Still just turns over and over. About two weeks ago my wife reported it was making a knocking noise while driving on the freeway after about 5.5 hrs. She was loosing power. I had her check temp gauge and she said it was fine. Had her pull over and stop the car. After a few minutes, she tried starting the car again and it started but had NO power, could barely move forward. Had her stop again and wait 10 minutes. The car would not start after that. Just turns over and over. Had to trailer the car home and now trying to diagnose the issue.
*It has about 209,000 miles

***I haven't sprayed anything into the air duct since I really don't think it's a fuel delivery issue.

****The lights are on when I try and start it, but since it never actually starts they all stay on. The check engine light is on during that process.

I have the cam gear covers off and put the crank pulley at Top Dead Center and the cams line up perfectly. I was told by a maintenance shop in Winnemucka, NV that it was a blown head gasket. Would the motor not start if the head gasket is blown? I was under the impression it would start but just blow back through the water jackets to the radiator. I have checked for spark on the #1 plug and all the new plugs have put in have gas on them. I was going to replace the timing belt, water pump, pulleys and such. They were replaced in Aug 2010 and I have put a few miles on them. I'm just frustrated now that the cams are lining up on their marks.

Any other ideas?
LanPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Sequoia