Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Roadmaster
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 06:57 AM   #1
Art234
AF Newbie

92 Roadmaster AC Problem- F/C flashing, No AC

My 92 Roadmaster (my daughter's actually believe it or not) just had the tranny replaced. When I picked it up, I noticed the climate control was set to 70, but the F (Fahrenheit) next to the temperature was blinking constantly and it was in Econ mode. As many times as I push the econ button, it stays in Econ, meaning no compressor.

I finally stopped, pushed again and it went off, but it didn't feel like the compressor came on. As soon as you start moving Econ comes back on.

Does anyone have an idea about that? What is the meaning of the flashing F ?

Thanks
Art234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:46 AM   #2
HotZ28
AF Moderator Elite

Re: 92 Roadmaster AC Problem- F/C flashing, No AC

I assume, if you have a flashing Fahrenheit display (light) you have auto climate control? If so, the flashing light indicates you have a fault in the system. The most common thing to cause a fault, would be low refrigerant level. Another problem is, the controller will loose memory of current settings if the battery is disconnected during mechanical service, without first turning the climate control OFF. Without voltage, the system controller will loose it's memory & calibration settings. Once the power is restored, the control unit will start in default (home) mode, searching & trying to recalibrate. It could take up to 50 ignition cycles to recover normal operation.

HotZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:41 PM   #3
Art234
AF Newbie

Re: 92 Roadmaster AC Problem- F/C flashing, No AC

Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes it is a climate control model. I took it down to my friend's garage (they just put the new transmission in last week), and sure enough the coolant level is low, and the o rings at the compressor and condenser are leaking too.

Going to replace the rings, flush the system and refill with R134.

Next will be to fix the trip odometer--it sticks and affects the odometer as well...but I understand that's a known issue.

Thanks again for the guidance-you were right on the money.
Art234 is offline   Reply With Quote