Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 08:11 AM   #16
blh1960
AF Newbie

Re: Timing belt change

I have done several t-belts. Never on a Isuzu product. What I like to do is get #1 piston at tdc and line up the tdc timing mark. I then like to take some fingernail polish or whiteout and make a identifible mark on the camshaft gears and crank pully that can be line up again. Then disassemble and then you can get it where you want it. I take a straight edge between the cam bolts and mark the inside (9:00 and 3:00 O clock for DOHC). Mark the crank at 12:00 O clock. Never had any problem doing it this way. For SOHC just straight edge between bolts and mark. Most of the time you do not even need a manual to do it this way.
blh1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:37 PM   #17
mrmax13
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytrooperhatesme
Thank you so much for your reply. One question for you...You lined up the two camshaft pulleys with their marked positions...did you line up the crankshaft pulley with the 0 timing mark?

Again thanks for your reply.

Mike
Yes. I had to search forever for the little damn mark for the crank. Turned out it was right next to the thing. I lined up the marks exactly the way the books said.

Sorry for the late reply.

Mark
mrmax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:19 AM   #18
K6SJC
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmax13
Yes. I had to search forever for the little damn mark for the crank. Turned out it was right next to the thing. I lined up the marks exactly the way the books said.

Sorry for the late reply.

Mark
I just finished mine and the mark on the crank is hard to find, the chilton book did say where to look. Read haynes book and its more detailed and it tells you right were it is. Now my 93 trooper S runs like a champ.
K6SJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:42 PM   #19
eb4i
AF Newbie

Did the tb R&R go without hitch? My wife's 2000 Trooper now has 100k miles, so it's time to replace the tb. I've done this on Mitsubishi and other cars but never on an Isuzu. So I think I know what I'm doing, but the real question is, do I need a repair manual that specifies all of the details that are not obvious? Comments from anyone please.
eb4i is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard