Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-12-2001, 10:03 AM   #1
MaxRX7
AF Enthusiast

Arrow wild eclipse kill....

On Saturday night after several beers, I decide to go out to the cruising strip and see if I can find anyone I know. Well, I run into some punk kids drving a old style grey ecplipse turbo all wheel drive. He revs on me so I role down my window and ask him if he wants to race. You know what he said ? "you aren't worth the time." My jaw droped. Anyone that knows me will tell you that I love to talk shit to just these kind of people. I mean seriously, did he think his roody poo piece of shit was going to beat a $30,000 super car? So I start yelling back at him telling him I'll race him for $1000 on the spot. He was having no part of it. He floored his car and drove away. He bounced it off the rev limiter and missed a shift so I had to catch up and continue to make fun of him. I yelled out, "do you even know how to drive?" He didn't like that one bit and drove away. I chased him up and down the strip for 30 min yelling at him and trying to entice him to race me on the highway and not the chicken shit light to light stuff he was proposing. He was being followed by a friend in a Neon and a muffstank so I start yelling at them telling them their friend is a pussy. They tell me his car is really fast so I ask what does it do in the quarter. I was half expecting them to say he was in the 11's or something, but they said, and this is the best part, "He's well into the 14's." I almost drove straight off the road I was laughing so hard !! I said to them, "do you even know what kind of car this is ?" I assume they had no idea. I finally trap them in a parking lot and get out and go nuts. I'm yelling and screaming at this punk telling him he better back all his shit talking up and go race me for real. I finally got him to go out on the highway. I line up with the guy dead stop on the highway and tell him to go on the third honk. Of course I do it real ghetto style and leave on two, but he went also. His all wheel drive allowed him to squirt out, but I quickly realed him in and had 8 cars before 80mph and then shut down. I was going to be all nice and everything when we got back, but he gets out talking all shit still saying I jumped him by 5 cars. I did jump him, but not that much. So I yell at him to do it again for $1000 and he can do the honks. He was having no part of that either. So we continue to talk shit for a while. They out numbered us 8 to 3, but had nothing to do with wanting to fight. I was worked up and was ready for dishing out a beat down. They eventually all got in their cars and drove away yelling stuff at us out of their windows. I tried chasing them on foot for a minute and almost kicked the mustang, but they got out of there pretty fast. What a bunch of cock sucking pussies !!!
Old 12-14-2001, 02:33 PM   #2
AP20thMax
AF Enthusiast

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

AP20thMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 02:37 PM   #3
street_racer_00
AF Fanatic

hahahahah omfg that is some good shit. I would whooped him right then and there. And AP20Thmax, what the hell is on that civic that is under your name??? It looks like a friggen mortar barrel or something!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan
I got to see boobiues!
street_racer_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 09:00 AM   #4
AP20thMax
AF Enthusiast

I found that picture on the internet and thought it was absolutely hilarious. It is one of the most ghetto things I've seen. I don't know what that guy was thinking, maybe it is a rocket launcher.

AP20thMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 11:31 PM   #5
TatII
AF Fanatic

hahahah these ricers think they can beat an rx-7? noooo waay~~ how can they not even know what kind of car your in? you car does 13's stock~! and his car does well in the 14's. hahahah what a joke, these ricers need to do their homework. you should've tried even harder to convince them to go into a highway battle, cause thats where the perfect weight balance that only the rotory engine can offer.
TatII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 11:34 PM   #6
TatII
AF Fanatic

argh the more that i thinka bout it~~ the more pissed off i am at how stupid those guys are~!!! nooooooooooooooooo how can they diss out hte rx-7~!!!!!!!! nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooo
TatII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 02:49 PM   #7
MaxRX7
AF Enthusiast

I feel ya cuz, no respect.

Guess they know better now...
Old 11-03-2002, 09:32 AM   #8
n8tuner
AF Newbie

YEAH, most yoyos don't have a clue about rotaries, ignert pushrodders, if they did, they would have one--it's 1 sweet motor!!!!!
n8tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 01:23 PM   #9
DiS
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to DiS
Yea man. Those engines are sweet. My dad bought rx-7 about 4 years ago, while he was in USA and i was back in Russia. He said that car was for me, but after 2 weeks he sold it. He said it was TOO FAST. Im like WHAT THE F*CK!?!?!?!?!? Altho speaking of those engines... Not alot or should i say MOST of the mechanics dont know how to work with these engines. Thats one of the reasons why you dont see alot of RX-7's on the streets.

97 Nissan Maxima GXE
Auto Trans
Red Injen Racing Division CAI with K&N FilterCharger, Zero1Racing Front Strut Bar
DaRk GrEeN/Beiege Interior
Cleared out taillights/Clear fronts/rewired blinkers and sidemarkers, upgraded grounding...Check my Pics out on my homepage

New purchase BRAND NEW '03 Mazda ProtegE 5-spd
Old 11-03-2002, 02:28 PM   #10
n8tuner
AF Newbie

I can explain everythig about the rotary motor in 10 minutes, it's so simple . Basically it's a modified pot belly stove with a pinwheel inside, it has more in common with a jet engine than a piston image. it's incredibully reliable, designed to run on 87 oct, very small, 1.3 liter displacement. A piston engine fires once every 2 crank rotations, a rotary fires 3 times for 1 crank rotation. we're talking about 6 times as many combustion cycles on the rotary for each RPM on your tach..This makes indrible, smooth power and of course heat--where the earlier rotary patent holders failed, mazda succeeded in cool in cooling the motor with an FMOC( fount mount oil cooler).
NO TIMING BELT, NO VALVE TRAIN, DID I MENTION NO TIMING BELT!.
No valves, just a simple triangulr rotor spinning around inside a furnace & it winds up fast!.
The rx-7 has exoci\tic front and rear suspensio, passive steering in the rear for 2g models and the car is balanced, weght is 50.8% front/49.2% rear.3#g twin turbos produce 255HP stock.
A new roatry motor, the Renesis, is coming out in the new RX-8 any day now
Old 11-03-2002, 08:45 PM   #11
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

Is 21000 a good price for a 1993 rx-7 with aftermarket exhaust, headers, and turbos? the things mint
Paonessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 09:38 PM   #12
97wvmax
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 97wvmax
how long will the motors last on the rx 7?
97wvmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 08:24 AM   #13
LTrain
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by n8tuner
NO TIMING BELT, NO VALVE TRAIN, DID I MENTION NO TIMING BELT!.
No valves, just a simple triangulr rotor spinning around inside a furnace & it winds up fast!.
Yep, until your apex seals are sucked into your 'jet engine'. The reason you don't see too many RX7s on the road is because they can't live past 40K miles without replacing the engine. I guarantee 90% of RX7s being sold have had the engine replaced.

Yeah, they can generate good power, but they are very fragile and very finiky. If you truly know what you are doing, you can create a beast...but you need to be loaded to afford the electronics required to keep the rotory under control.

Imagine if Honda made a rear-wheel drive

My favorite is the Supra...can't beat it.
LTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 08:39 AM   #14
MaxRX7
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by LTrain

Yep, until your apex seals are sucked into your 'jet engine'. The reason you don't see too many RX7s on the road is because they can't live past 40K miles without replacing the engine. I guarantee 90% of RX7s being sold have had the engine replaced.

Yeah, they can generate good power, but they are very fragile and very finiky. If you truly know what you are doing, you can create a beast...but you need to be loaded to afford the electronics required to keep the rotory under control.

Imagine if Honda made a rear-wheel drive

My favorite is the Supra...can't beat it.
that is a myth just like "bigfoot" if you haven't owned one your comment doesn't count. I could "hear or read" what people say everyday, but does that mean it's true ? Plus for your info the N/A engines are more realiable than piston engines and can easily go more than 300k miles.

Honduh does have 2 RWD buddy, heard about the S2000 and NSX ?

I'll give props to the Supra they have a hell of a drivetrian but are ugly and way overweight IMO. It's no surprise you you talk about the RX-7s like that becuase Supra is the competition, just like the camaro guys don't like mustangs and vice versa. :finger:
Old 11-06-2002, 01:07 PM   #15
n8tuner
AF Newbie

my rx-7 has 132k on it, never rebuilt the motor, still runs very strong. Of course the apex seals are going to wear out eventually, same as thier pushrod equivelent, the piston rings. The rotary engine makes the pushrod motor obsolete as Far as I am concerned, but if people want to keep crashing their valves into their pistons with broken timing belts, that's their business.