Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 03:09 PM   #31
HiRez_L
AF Enthusiast

Re: '05 Stow n Go seats

I haven't ever loaded a fridge in one, but I did haul a 5 foot long chest freezer in mine the other day . . . wife found a deal at a garage sale she couldn't pass up, then called me to come and get it.
HiRez_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 02:00 PM   #32
dark_uncle
AF Newbie

well, to that point, we each have our needs. Ever tried to haul three kids and a dog, legally, in a pickup truck? How about the stroller? When it rains? I guarantee nobody will swipe anything out of the back of my minivan, couldn't say that about my truck.

I do admit, though, that if I have to haul tall stuff I have to borrow or rent a truck.
dark_uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 03:02 PM   #33
HiRez_L
AF Enthusiast

I wouldn't trade my minivans for a truck.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:56 PM   #34
Marine2
AF Newbie

Re: Re: '05 Stow n Go seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiRez_L
I wouldn't trade my minivans for a truck.

Up until Dec. I have owned trucks for over 15 years. That's when I bought my first minivan and it was because of stow-n-go that I did it. My last truck was only three years old and had approx. 24,000 miles on it. But outside of hauling real big stuff, I saw a lot more advantages to the minivan. I like it as much now as the day I bought it. I haven't had one thing go wrong with it since buying it. No rattles anywhere. This van is solid as a rock and has a much better air conditioning than my truck had and with a lot more goodies. Chrysler employees did a heck of a job putting this van together. They've come a long way.
Marine2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 09:49 PM   #35
who fan
AF Regular

I have a 99 grand Voyager I like it better than my 01 Silverado 4x4 excab 4 door. Best vehicle I ever owned. Chrysler quality is as good if not better than most.
who fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 05:51 PM   #36
DoctorS
AF Newbie

I bought an 05 SXT without the stow-n-go seats. The plastic floor covers didn't seem to me to be strong enough. (Too much plastic!!!) I also never buy something 'just invented' and released. Maybe Chrysler will get lucky with this invention and no one will be thrown threw a windshield because the folding seat folded up and flew off the floor in a frontal crash. However, the seating overall, both stow n go that I tested & my removables, are the most uncomfortable seats I have ever owned, being made of NASA developed super high density foam. I guess my Mark III conversion van spoiled me. Our van is our vacation vehicle, usually only seeing 3 - 5k miles of driving per year. When compared to my full size conversion van, which are very hard to find nowadays, this minivan sucks! Poor legroom, uncomfortable seating, under engineered heating & a/c, outside mirrors that sound like empty milk jugs going down the road, cabin recirculation that makes you yell over the noise to talk with your family, less than 20mpg for the 3.3L even on the hiway, backup lights with poor illumination, stereo with a speaker protection circuit that constantly lowers the volume on kickin CD's at near to full volume, sun visors that don't stay up against the window - they fall down no matter what, and being 6'3", my view is out the top third of the windshield, I don't even need to use the sun visors, and speaking of visors, I like the way they only put one light on one side of the mirror, so in the dark half your face is in shadow and you can't see it, under engineered electrical system that constantly dims the lights / audibly lowers the heater fan, I could go on and on. I'm getting rid of this piece of plastic @%$# ASAP. I hate it!!! Going out of state next year for my replacement vehicle, either a full size GM conversion van, or a Caddy. New York dealers suck.

Anyone want to buy a dark blue 05 Caravan SXT with 8K miles?

DrS
DoctorS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 10:01 PM   #37
HiRez_L
AF Enthusiast

How much ?
Old 08-21-2005, 10:48 AM   #38
DoctorS
AF Newbie

Re: Re: '05 Stow n Go seats

$22.5K negotiable. Send me an email through my profile, and I can send you a photo of the van as well as a photo of the original window sticker. All service records are in the vehicle, and I had our local Ziebart detailer apply their Gold Shield package, which included total rust proofing, paint protection, window treatment & fabric treatment, to the tune of $1300+. (Spills wipe right off the seats - not a water soluble treatment such as Scotchguard) The engine has never seen more than 3500rpm. I also bought and installed the custom molded rear wheel splash guards.

DrS
DoctorS is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager