Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 03:31 PM   #1
DigitalQuirk
AF Regular

Fun with trucks

Had some fun with some guys in their trucks this past week.

The first one was a Chevrolet 1500, with dual straight pipes and a mean-sounding V8. He revved at me at the light. I figured he was going to hand me my ass, but I figure you win some and lose some, so it was on. To my utter amazement, I pulled on him all the way to the speed limit. He was cool about it and kept a safe distance away. All bark and no bite, but a decent, respectable driver.

The second one was an old GMC Safari van. Pulling out of a parking lot and turning left, the guy's rear window has a sticker saying to back off and that he has nothing to lose. I get the impression that he doesn't like tailgaters, so I got into the right lame duck lane (which was about to end) to pass him. He got on it when I pulled even with him, but we're talking about a beat up old GMC Safari van and I'm thinking, why is he even trying? I eased the gas pedal to the floor and pulled ahead leaving a couple of carlengths between him and myself when I got to the "Merge" point and safely merged. When he did catch up (after I eased up to level off my speed), he decided it'd be fun to ride my bumper. So I'm thinking, this, from the guy who apparently hates tailgaters? What a moron. So I turned into the next intersection without warning or slowing down at a speed far too fast for him to be able to follow me without upsetting; as my car ate up the corner with ease, I lost him.

The third one was what looked like a brand new Ford F150 Lariat Crew Cab. I was stuck in the lame duck lane at this red light, next to the truck. My wife was riding shotgun, my son sleeping in the back seat. The guy gave no indication that he wanted to race, and with my son in the car, I wasn't really in the mood to race...but there was a pile of cars behind the truck and I didn't feel like getting pinned in the lame duck lane, so I accelerated a little quicker than normal (about 3/4 down on the gas pedal). I heard that big truck winding up at WOT, right there beside me, keeping me pinned in the lame duck lane. He was about dead even with me, so I put the pedal down to the carpet and easily pull 1 1/2 car lengths on him, leaving plenty of room to safely merge in from the lame duck lane while still at a reasonable speed. This idiot decided to ride my bumper as well when I levelled off my speed, but fortunately he turned off at the next intersection in a fury of squealing tires and a revving V8 engine. My car handled everything so smoothly, my son slept through the whole thing.

Evidently, the guy in his 300 HP V8 powered truck underestimated my lowly "family sedan." I hope guys like him are still around when my car is in need of a new paint job and I have nobody in the back seat; I think my car stops something like 12 feet shorter than his truck.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:48 PM   #2
GForce957
AF Enthusiast

Re: Fun with trucks

Haha, first race i've ever seen with a GMC safari

I had a similar experience with the new F-150 last week, except he was in the lane that was about to end. Same results too, I get about 2 lengths on him, and then he tries to ride my ass the rest of the way. So many truck drivers around my area think they can break the sound barrier because there exhaust sounds good.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:51 PM   #3
karll
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to karll

Did any real races occur?? You were even until the speed limit with one guy and then passed two people and got tailgated by them. Wow, this one may go down in history.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:15 PM   #4
crunchymilk55
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to crunchymilk55

Racing with your son in the car? That's sad.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:43 PM   #5
Mr. Luos
Firebird Guy

I can't see myself bragging about beating trucks unless I were to run the couple quick bastards here.
Stock truck with pipes is nothing to be worried about.
1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747
Stock'ish'
Old 10-31-2005, 12:03 AM   #6
Twizted_3KGT
AF Enthusiast

Nice normal merging!
1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - 269AWHP/290AWTQ (Mustang Dyno) - 12.616@106.74 - 1.756 60ft. - 8.06@83.59 (Best TDO4-9B Time) - Driver Mod - IPS TD04-19TL - SPEC 4+ - Wiseco Pistons - 3SX Custom Forged Rods - PMP FMIC + Much More.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:51 AM   #7
Slowprocess
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to Slowprocess
Trucks SUCK!!!!!!

Nice kills, and no worries against majority of the trucks out there on the road. I think that the few truck guys on here have gotten many people "too" cautious about racing trucks. Remember that majority of them out there run 15s-14s at best, so keep putting it on them. Just be cautious of the few out there that might have a few things done.

Oh, yeah.....BS call on the safari kill!!!!!

Daily Driver- 00 Camaro SS A4 1/4- 12.30@118mph 2.14-60ft on street tires
Weekend Warrior-99 Silverado "Dirty" 1/4-11.63@118mph 1.8-60ft
Old 10-31-2005, 10:12 AM   #8
Musashi3000GT
AF Enthusiast

Paulie, paulie, paulie....tsk tsk. man I dont want to tell you how to live your life but this shit has got to stop!
Your beating yourself up for no reason and then to top it off you come here and post it up for the world to see. We know your going through a mid-life-crissis and we are with you, seriously. but racing a Safari? you didnt even exceed the speed limit and to top it off the last race was so baddass and so brutal that your son didnt even wake up? thats not a race man, thats just taking off from a light with some bravado!
look man, I am your friend, ok? and I dont want you to get made fun of. now now, I know you dont care cause none of this is real to you, but I do care, I care cause I'm just like that.
Now dont be a silly rabbit, rice is for kids!
you go get in your office and tell your boss you need a raise, tell him your about to hit the big four-o and that every one online keeps ragging on you cause your mid-life-crissis ground rocket street racer is a family sedan with a huge engine and tiny-wini bit of power and the only thing that keeps you from blasting your brains out is that fact that it has ETC. tell him you need a 350Z or a RX-8 or an EVO so all the 16 year olds stop laughing at you.
rice is for kids, rice is for kids, just keep telling yourself that. you'll be fine.

06 GTO: SLP Longtubes, SLP Loudmouth II K&N intake,
Ported Intake Manifold,
Ported Throttle body, MAF screen delete.
Tunned by Jeremy Formato. 381whp, 376wtq.
07 Ion Redline: Bone stock w/ factory Competition package.

In response to a race my wife had while pregnant with our baby:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgclwj
Prediction.... I bet we will hear about a guy down in Miami thats the King of street racing in about 18 years...Way to get him started....
Old 10-31-2005, 11:10 AM   #9
Twizted_3KGT
AF Enthusiast

lol ouch.
1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - 269AWHP/290AWTQ (Mustang Dyno) - 12.616@106.74 - 1.756 60ft. - 8.06@83.59 (Best TDO4-9B Time) - Driver Mod - IPS TD04-19TL - SPEC 4+ - Wiseco Pistons - 3SX Custom Forged Rods - PMP FMIC + Much More.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:17 PM   #10
-Jayson-
AF Enthusiast

ugh i think this guy just doesnt care. One day when he sees his son dead on his windshield maybe he will understand.

SouthEast Ecotec Enthusiast
Old 10-31-2005, 01:42 PM   #11
Ace$nyper
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper
Re: Re: Fun with trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jayson-
ugh i think this guy just doesnt care. One day when he sees his son dead on his windshield maybe he will understand.
if thats what it takes to clean the gene pool up...

I hope he starts revving at everyone.
I'm just looking out for human kind nothing personal.

Honestly, all his stories are like this I'm flat out calling B/S you sound like an angry little kid, the fact you reproduced *or claimed too* is scary. I am willing to bet his is the kind of guy who reads a reply like mine and visiably shakes from anger goes poping his mouth off online *because he sure as fuck wouldn't do anything in real life* and then feels like the 2nd biggest man in the world. First still held by his drunken abusive father who still beats his ass even though hes in his 70s.

Its ok your dad beats you even though your in your 30s. They have groups to help you.

Untill you can come up with a real story or find a healthier way to vent about your abuse please refrain from posting on AF.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:07 PM   #12
GForce957
AF Enthusiast

Jayson's back!
Old 11-01-2005, 05:37 PM   #13
DigitalQuirk
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Luos
I can't see myself bragging about beating trucks
Who was bragging? Certainly not I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi3000GT
Paulie, paulie, paulie....tsk tsk. man I dont want to tell you how to live your life but this shit has got to stop!
Your beating yourself up for no reason and then to top it off you come here and post it up for the world to see.
Who's Paulie? You must have my post confused with one you were reading in your fetish forum...

Quote:
We know your going through a mid-life-crissis
Most people wouldn't consider 34 to be mid-life, but then again you do tend to have lower expectations, don't you? I suppose someone who's going to knife-kick people who disagree with him in the throat all the time just might be lucky to see 68.

Quote:
and we are with you, seriously. but racing a Safari? you didnt even exceed the speed limit and to top it off the last race was so baddass and so brutal that your son didnt even wake up? thats not a race man, thats just taking off from a light with some bravado!
I see that a common dictionary (among other literary items) is foreign to you. Perhaps this will help:

race2
n.
Sports.
A competition of speed, as in running or riding.

The dictionary is your friend. You may consider using it from time to time before spouting off.

Quote:
look man, I am your friend, ok?
You're here to make internet friends? How sad. What's the matter; knife-kicked all your real-life friends in the windpipe?

Quote:
and I dont want you to get made fun of. now now, I know you dont care cause none of this is real to you, but I do care, I care cause I'm just like that.
Seems to me the only thing you're succeeding at is demonstrating your lack of intellect; but do go on, I find it oh so amusing...

Quote:
Now dont be a silly rabbit, rice is for kids!
Okay, that came right out of left field...

Quote:
you go get in your office and tell your boss you need a raise,
Office? Boss? Raise? Clearly, you have me confused with someone else. Your dad, perhaps?

Quote:
tell him your about to hit the big four-o and that every one online keeps ragging on you cause your mid-life-crissis ground rocket street racer is a family sedan with a huge engine and tiny-wini bit of power and the only thing that keeps you from blasting your brains out is that fact that it has ETC. tell him you need a 350Z or a RX-8 or an EVO so all the 16 year olds stop laughing at you.
Actually, I'm quite looking forward to the big 4-0. Mortgage should be paid off by then. I'll have been married for 16 years. I think I should like to buy a big boat, do some more travelling, and I certainly wouldn't want some lousy EVO or overrated RX-8. Unlike you, I don't put my self-worth in the type of car I drive; I'll be quite happy to be still driving my Grand Am GT as a daily driver. I'm lucky if I put 15,000 km (just under 10,000 miles) on my car in a year. I suppose that's what happens when a person such as myself tends to travel by air.

Quote:
rice is for kids, rice is for kids, just keep telling yourself that. you'll be fine.
There you go again; right out of left field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace$nyper
the fact you reproduced *or claimed too* is scary.
One day, you'll grow up to be a man and then sex won't frighten you so much, young fellow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass$nyper
First still held by his drunken abusive father who still beats his ass even though hes in his 70s.
Son, you've been spending way too much time in the wrong kind of fetish forums...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass$nyper
Its ok your dad beats you even though your in your 30s. They have groups to help you.
Clearly, you know about the existence of such groups, of which never occurred to me until you brought it up. How do you know of such groups? And what causes you to jump to the conclusion that I might have had an abusive father? Methinks you might have cross-posted from some support forum you've been reading...

Thanks for all the yuks!
Old 11-01-2005, 06:06 PM   #14
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

Quirk, this is your one week banning. I already GAVE you your fair warning in the Scion thread about egging other people on.

Musashi, Ace, Jayson, you three had better get sharp else you'll join him. You're obviously the antagonists here.

And damnit haven't I given you jokers enough crap about clogging my e-mail box with Post Reports?

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing