Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Porsche > 924/944/968
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 01:06 AM   #1
naruto
Banned

mods

hi there i want to buy a 944 in the future and i thought that i should start studying them.

so if anyone has any links about any kind of info that would be great.

i'm only 17 and have just recently got my license. i'm also planning to got to japan with my brother around june. so ill have to get the car after.

i also want to know what modifications are available for this car like suspension, is there any coilovers, Brakes- what bigger brakes can be used. im more into handling than speed but then again i want abit more punch.

the reason i wanna get one is that all the majority of fast rwd are either 180sx's or silvia's and they are turbo. since p platers cant have turbo i want something that looks good without lots of modifications aswell as something that handles well

thanks in advance and i hope you all can help me
naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:35 PM   #2
stexch
AF Newbie

Re: mods

forums.rennlist.com
www.flat-6.net
www.924board.org

Before you start with modifications, I recommend that you drive one to see what it needs. I think that you will find that the handling and braking are excellent right from the factory. The most important maintenance item on the 944 is the timing belt. It is absolutely critical that it be changed according to the factory recommendations. If it breaks, your pistons will meet your valves with disastrous results. There is a big performance difference between the normally aspirated 8-valve engine, the turbo engine, and the 16-valve engine. You will have a lower cost and higher market value if you buy a car that had the higher performance from the factory, rather than modifying the base model. Understand that if a turbo fails, repair will be very expensive. Regardless of the model, you are much better off buying a car that is well-maintained, with complete records, rather than a fixer-upper. Good luck!
stexch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:16 AM   #3
naruto
Banned

Re: mods

cool thanks for that dude. im not lookin for one to fix up though

i want something well maintained then put handling mods, i will definitely take it to the track.

thanks heaps about the timing belt, ill ask the seller about that when im out looking for one.

*sits staring at the monitor reading from the provided links*

thanks again
naruto is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Porsche > 924/944/968