Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 07:36 AM   #1
Sid77
AF Enthusiast

Spoon/Mugen Chip for a 96 Teg

Ok I've posted this in other forums on this sight and had no luck. Is there any way to put a performance(I want a spoon or mugen) chip in an OBD IIa ecu(ie 96-97)without getting a OBD I to OBD II harness, OBD I ecu and then the chip. And if all else fails is there any way to get the gains a chip gives you without putting a chip in ie a fuel air controller or something
Thanks Josh
Sid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 12:25 AM   #2
Gogeta195
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Gogeta195
According to Mugen Products at R & D Motorsports the Mugen chip is not a chip, it is a replacement ECU. So it will only fit cars that have a configurable OBDII harness (I'm pretty sure). It claims "This ECU has specially mapped fuel mixture and ignition timing. 9000RPM rev limit and 6000RPM VTEC engagement. OBD2 sensors are eliminated. For racing use only." But it comes with a hefty price of $1500. As for the Spoon ECU, I couldn't find anything for you. Possible enhancements to get the extra 15HP are some simple bolts ons like a cold air intake, headers, cat-back exhaust, and possibly some more elaborate modifications like a turbo or supercharger.

And street racing is illegal!

Digital Dreadnaught is a puppet of the devil.

http://ddc.cc

-----------------------------------------
Sleeper
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Gogeta195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 01:22 AM   #3
93weed_eater
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 93weed_eater
www.hondata.com
check these guys out there probally more suited for you needs
Old 07-05-2003, 01:35 AM   #4
YOUNGSTER
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to YOUNGSTER Send a message via MSN to YOUNGSTER Send a message via Yahoo to YOUNGSTER
hondata is so phat i wanna get that after i get a turbo set up but that wont be for a while
MODS: Motor :jdm b16 block, itr head, skunk 2 cam gears, msd ignition, intake, exhaust, straight pipe, skunk 2 ecu. act race clutch Suspension : grnd cntrl coilovers, 4 way adj shocks , spoon strut bar, skunk 2 sway bar, itr control arms, energy bushings misc. : super nice jdm seats, momo detachable steering wheel, Jdm clutster, Spoon Cf duckbill wing, vision smoked amber turn signals. COMING VERY SOON IN DAYS LS vtec ARP ROD BOLTS HEAD BOLTS AND 75 SHOT OF GIGLE JUICE look in my galler
YOUNGSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 06:22 AM   #5
Sid77
AF Enthusiast

Thanks for the help guys one last thing how hard are these things to install does anyone here happen to have done it before and give me the run down. THanks
Sid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 08:47 AM   #6
93weed_eater
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 93weed_eater

I don't think its hard if you do the whole computer. Its usually under a plate in the passenger side floor board under the carpet. As far as just getting a chip.......Unless you got some damn good skillz with a soldering gun don't attempt. In fact this stuff is usually done by a certified electrician. involving desoldering soldering proper placements, different resistors, and jumping this and that. if you go hondata you can get them to do it. the boost package can always be added later.