Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Sierra
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 12:42 AM   #1
Miguel Gonzales
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Miguel Gonzales
Stuck here with a Merkur XR4ti

Hello! Im in the US with the Merkur. Wish I could be there. Going to take a trip to France in the future. How much would it be to bring a car from there? And are there any Sierras there? I love the XR4ti, was my first car I bought. Im the 3rd owner of the car. But it has alot off bugs. Still fixing them out. Just finding site since I just got the computer. Does anyone have any parts they be willing to ship to the US??
Miguel Gonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 10:31 PM   #2
car_man28
AF Newbie

I feel your pain man. I own 2 myself. But its not all bad. great cars with good power and the handling of a Porsche
car_man28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 04:59 PM   #3
Miguel Gonzales
AF Regular

Oh I know, just rather have a Cossie. Heres some pics of mine. Still working on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jul12#07.jpg (95.0 KB, 25 views)
Old 09-19-2003, 08:43 AM   #4
90CRXZCSi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to 90CRXZCSi Send a message via Yahoo to 90CRXZCSi
wow, havent seen of of those in a long time. My brother owned one.It was his first car. Really beautiful red and it was quick too. Good luck with your project.
90CRXZCSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 11:36 PM   #5
Purple_Haze
AF Regular

Unhappy Need Help with my XR4Ti

I just got a 88 merkur XR turbo, fell in love with it first second started it and reved the engine. My problem is, the car was sitting for a year without beeing driven/started. After running it for about 30mins, and checking all the fluids, i took it for a spin. Car drove fine for about 2kms. The tranny died after that. No gears at all. Shut it down, wait 5 mins, start it, drives fine for about 30 secs. Then same thing, goes "off".. and so on... the tranny fluid is somewhat different colour than regular ATF, could it have lost its viscosity or something so it doesnt shift etc..? I really like that car and want to keep it, restore it. Please help.
Purple_Haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 12:05 AM   #6
Miguel Gonzales
AF Regular

Re: Need Help with my XR4Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple_Haze
I just got a 88 merkur XR turbo, fell in love with it first second started it and reved the engine. My problem is, the car was sitting for a year without beeing driven/started. After running it for about 30mins, and checking all the fluids, i took it for a spin. Car drove fine for about 2kms. The tranny died after that. No gears at all. Shut it down, wait 5 mins, start it, drives fine for about 30 secs. Then same thing, goes "off".. and so on... the tranny fluid is somewhat different colour than regular ATF, could it have lost its viscosity or something so it doesnt shift etc..? I really like that car and want to keep it, restore it. Please help.
I had the same problem. And after the owner who had the car rebuilt the tranny 3 times and sold it to me. Turns out the radiator was clogged. And the tranny was over heating. Is the ATF a dark red? If so then thats your problem. Those C3s were the down fall of the automatics XRs If you love the car as much as I do. Swap a 5 speed, either a stock Merkur 5spd or a T-5. But I heard that with a T-5 swap the shifter doesnt line up with the stock console. Hope I was any help. E-mail me if you need to know any thing else. MyWorld80@aol.com

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Sierra