Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-19-2001, 09:55 AM   #1
qmin
AF Newbie

Advice on exterior/interior colors for my new 330i

I'm torn between ordering the

metallic black/tanin red leather,
metallic black/black leather, and
metallic gray/tanin red leather.

They all look great. Any advice from those of you who might have these combinations?

Thanks
qmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2001, 11:28 AM   #2
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
Black on Black. My friends brother just bought one.
Old 09-19-2001, 04:47 PM   #3
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

i really like beige leather, that's what i have.....

but it all comes down to your decision, whatever you like
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2001, 08:40 PM   #4
adamjw
AF Newbie

all about the image

I have black on black in my 330Ci - and I think it "feels" faster. BUT, the black leather is HARD to take care of and is most susceptible to sun damage.

a
adamjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2001, 09:09 PM   #5
moe182
AF Enthusiast

Ya know what is another major problem with getting a black car? Every little bit of dirt, or every little scratch is SO easy to see. And as for the leather fading in the sun....Id hope you're gonna complete your new BWM with some tint on the windows which not only looks good, but also blocks out most of the UV rays with fades the leather....BUT if you do take care of the car and keep it all 100%, it will look AWESOME in black esp at night.....so i thought id give ya a heads up.....I dunno i wouldnt get the silver, or grey just because regardless of the car silver will look good, but it will never look great and really stand out from others....PLUS darker colored cars dont reflect the beams from the speed guns as well (thats why the cops usually aim for yer plates, its flat and reflective) so it might actually save your ass.....
Old 09-20-2001, 09:21 PM   #6
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by moe182
Ya know what is another major problem with getting a black car? Every little bit of dirt, or every little scratch is SO easy to see.
i don't think so... you can't see anything on a black car, you can't even see the lines
if you're talkin bout a white car then, yeah
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 09-20-2001, 09:25 PM   #7
moe182
AF Enthusiast

Buddy!
You see nothin everything on a black car...water-spots, speed chips, and everythin else.....its because nothin else is darker then black so everythin is right there to see...samething with like pearl white.....
Old 09-20-2001, 09:49 PM   #8
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

there's no way you could spot a minor scratch on a black car, unless you're close up, inspecting it.... i think the worst for looking dirty is white
Old 09-24-2001, 08:50 PM   #9
jag
AF Newbie

For once I agree with the young lad. Mine is white and it'sa pain keepin it clean. However, white is easier to buff the scratches out of than black.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series