Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 12:38 AM   #16
Duesey
AF Newbie

Re: New Maybach owners in the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboarder
Jay Leno has a 57 and one of my customers has a friend in California that just ordered a 57 and a 62
You must have read the NY Times article...but missed the part where Leno said he wouldn't buy one. Leno doesn't own a 57, sorry. Dennis Tito does though. He was the guy that paid $20 million to go see MIR with the Russians a few years ago.

"Success is taking one failure after another with enthusiasm"

-Winston Churchill
Duesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 11:03 PM   #17
FXman
Banned

I`m an Auto collector and my super rich MTv producer naghbor owns one, he`s one of my friends, he came over for the super bowl last year, i`m not going to say his name because of paperattzi
FXman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 08:21 AM   #18
Vitorio
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimster
In the US- put it down to some rich Yankee bloke with more money than sense to buy one of those vulgar symbols of excess- I'll take an S600 or 760Li and save thank you very much
I have an S600, and I'll tell you, the Maybach @ over $300K is still a marvelous work of art, not to mention eye candy. Do you realize the features, internally of a Maybach (62)??? A wetbar... DVD/VCR players built into the rear seat BETWEEN the 2 passengers... yet can close up and be concealed for a comfortable fit for a 3rd passenger. Did I mention WETBAR? The wetbar/dining area pulls out from behind the middle console between the 2 front seats. Also, on vehicles equipped, comes with a pull out serving tray for both passenger in the rear seats for food... like the things in airplanes for the food that pull up and over your lap... except in the Maybach they actually have real wood. Another amazing featuer is the ability to create a Smoked, or Frosted look on the windows, with the touch of a button... especially the roof over the passengers in the back. Not sure of the size of the TV that pulls down from the ceiling, but I think it's at least 21". 2 TV's/touch screens in the backs of both front seats. RECLINABLE rear SEATS!!! The seat's foot area, after reclining actually extends (retracts), to accomodate taller people, and of course massages the passengers as well. All these things are FACTORY installed, not some hack after- market install. There are just so many unbelievable features, that I couldn't possibly list them all in 1 post... unless I made this post ridiculously long, having you scroll for 5 hours. Some may say the Maybach is truly overpriced, but who are they to say that? They are usually the people Who aren't making more than $45K per year or something like that, so their opinion on that kind of car really isn't worth squat. An analogy similar is most anyone poking fun of the price of a McClaren F1 GTR. Sure it's easy for just about anyone to say, "A MILLION DOLLARS for a CAR!?!?! That's stupid!" It wouldn't be all that stupid to them if they were making millions of dollars per year, or had a $100+ million bank account. So, the griping is all relative to personal wealth, or the lack thereof.

Here are a few links to whet your appetite for one of these marvels...
http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/mayba...src=autos/home

http://www.daimlerchrysler.com/dccom...-0-0-0,00.html

http://www.autointell.net/nao_compan...62-2003-01.htm

http://www.maybach.ru/en/gallery/

And, if you truly are wealthy... check out some of these homes/manses up for sale... these are worth checking out, and if you can't afford them in this lifetime, check em out anyhow.

http://www.luxury-realestate.com/bin/texhtml

http://www.luxury-realestate.com/bin...l.new2&key=613

Last edited by Vitorio; 12-28-2003 at 10:57 AM.
Vitorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:50 PM   #19
Zachary22
AF Newbie

I actuallty just bought a 2009 Maybach 57. Its one of the best cars in the world i had to hire a driver because the backseat is tremendous.
Zachary22 is offline   Reply With Quote