Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Porsche > 924/944/968
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 04:15 PM   #1
brunetp
AF Newbie

Just bought a 944! I have some questions!

It's a 1983, I bought it off a friend and it's in good shape, EXCEPT

The fuel lines are all rotted and leaking, I was thinking of running new lines, cut all the old ones and leave them, Using rubber fuel injection hose, run a line directly from the filter going under the right hand rocker and to the feed into the regulator at the engine, then find the return line at the tank and cut it, and run another rubber line from there up to the return at the Fuel rail, This is all assuming theres only 2 fuel lines running to the front?? a feed and return. And should i use rubber hose for simplicity?? or should i spend the extra pain in the *** and $$ and use stainless rigid lines?? also where is the return line at the tank??

The second thing is when the tow truck driver was loading the car he was forcing on the steering wheel to get the wheels straight, i was just wondering if he broke the rack and pinion?? or do these cars do this already?? (it doesn't have power steering) this is what it does now
When the car is not moving (won't start anyways lol) if you apply turning force to the left the steering wheel will "thud" over about 15-20 degrees and you can hear a clunk sound coming from the engine compartment, then thud back when you let go the wheel, it won't do this if you apply turning force to the right. what do you think he broke??

The third thing is, when i first tried to start the car it wouldn't start, so i used a LITTLE quick start and fired the engine for 20 seconds to make sure it ran, then when i got the car home, the starter wouldn't turn the engine over fast enough the try and start it again. I obviously thought it was the battery but it wasn't, i changed battery's plus tried to boost it, nothing. Now from trying that the starter will only click. The car did sit for 8 monthes, so would the starter be pouched?? i hoping i didn't screw up a piston ring with that quick start shit

Any advice would be appreciated !!
brunetp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:20 PM   #2
RACER D12
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RACER D12
Re: Just bought a 944! I have some questions!

For the lines get steel braided. Better and still flexible. As for your steering, no that sound is not normal. Not sure whats broken though.

You might want to check out rennlist.com its one of the best Porsche forums.

Lindsey Boost Enhancer, Blitz EBC, Hot Air Intake, Koni Yellows
RACER D12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:01 PM   #3
brunetp
AF Newbie

Re: Just bought a 944! I have some questions!

I think i figured out the steering, There's a Small shaft with 2 ujoints thats "flopping" .and i can't get on Rennlist, they won't send me my password in my email lol
brunetp is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Porsche > 924/944/968