Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 11:03 PM   #1
beef_bourito
AF Enthusiast

pull ups/chin ups

so i recently got a chinup bar and i've been doing chinups and pull ups every once in a while for the past 3 weeks. anyways i always start with wide grip pull ups, then do chinups.

so i started off being able to do something like 5 wide grips followed immediately by 7 chin ups, didn't notice much of a change for a while, it went up by about 1 in each department. then this week i noticed that i could do 10 wide grips followed by 6 chinups, and today i did 14 wide grips followed by 7 chin ups. so i guess it's a mixture of a week off of rowing and working out mixed with my cold being gone (it was with me for 2 weeks because i wasn't sleeping much, rowing every morning in freezing weather, getting wet, and racing every once in a while) that did it or something because it was literally from 6 to 10 to 14 in the span of about 4 or 5 days.

Mr. T speaks only when necessary. His main form of communication is folding his arms and slowly shaking his head. And regardless of the situation, he is always understood.

On the A-team, Face , Haniabal, and Murdoch were all masters of disguise. Mr T didn't have to wear a disguise. The bad guys didn't recognize him out of fear.
beef_bourito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 06:23 PM   #2
00accord44
High on Potenuse

Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44
Re: pull ups/chin ups

Sounds right to me from what you post about your workout habits and overall health. If I were to drop down and do pushups right now I'd probably only be able to knock off 35-40 but if I do them routinely for the next week I'd get up to about 60. I know this to be fact because I've taken breaks and got back to form quickly. I think its all about muscle memory/toning. Since you didn't do pull ups regularly before, the muscles weren't in the habit of being put to that specific task, but after they were put in a pattern, they can produce much better.

00accord44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:07 PM   #3
beef_bourito
AF Enthusiast

Re: pull ups/chin ups

yeah that's true. the thing that surprised me was that in 4 days i almost doubled. i wonder how well i could have rowed if i didn't have a cold during our last, and biggest, competition.

Mr. T speaks only when necessary. His main form of communication is folding his arms and slowly shaking his head. And regardless of the situation, he is always understood.

On the A-team, Face , Haniabal, and Murdoch were all masters of disguise. Mr T didn't have to wear a disguise. The bad guys didn't recognize him out of fear.
beef_bourito is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic