Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 01:57 AM   #31
DinanM3_S2
Scuderia Kimi

Re: stereotypes about cars and those who drive them

H2 owner's IQ is about as high as their SUV's fuel economy.
-CAR magazine

"I collect walnuts"
-Kimi Raikkonen on his hobbies outside of F1
DinanM3_S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:18 AM   #32
Chris V
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mason_RsX
I understand some people actually get good use out of the H2, but thats mabe 5% of the population of buyers...Im not gonna stereotype the other 95% cause enough people here have

There's a difference between stereotyping the buyers and denigrating the vehicles themselves with mistaken information, as he did.

And yes, very few people take their offroaders offroad, just like very few people take their sports cars road racing.

2013 MINI JCW Roadster
2023 Chevy Bolt
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:39 PM   #33
bluevp00
AF Enthusiast

I'm not trying to insult the buyers of Hummers here (too much), but the vast majority (the other 95%) of Hummer buyers buy them solely for their huge size. Having to act so big doesn't necessarily mean you're "lacking" (for a guy), but it usually means that you have large personal insecurities. The drivers are just trying to make themselves feel better in the best way they know how: to be the biggest, most obnoxious, and wasteful passenger car on the road. I mean really, it has to be very gratifying to see every other driver squint their eyes at your headlights when you meet them on a road at night.
bluevp00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 07:39 PM   #34
Chris V
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevp00
I'm not trying to insult the buyers of Hummers here (too much), but the vast majority (the other 95%) of Hummer buyers buy them solely for their huge size. Having to act so big doesn't necessarily mean you're "lacking" (for a guy), but it usually means that you have large personal insecurities. The drivers are just trying to make themselves feel better in the best way they know how: to be the biggest, most obnoxious, and wasteful passenger car on the road. I mean really, it has to be very gratifying to see every other driver squint their eyes at your headlights when you meet them on a road at night.

Or, they are just buying something they like, like driving a full size Tonka toy truck. many little boys play with big ol' truck toys, and simply like them (often even before they are old enough to say the word "truck." I can tell you that a 2 or 3 year old isn't compensating for anything, just playing). Well, we often take those feelings of enjoying toys through to adulthood. (rememeber the old saying: the difference between men and boys is the price of their toys...) They may not even know why, just that they've always liked those big, fun, toy trucks.

The problem is in people that were wimps and wusses growing up that ARE insecure and project those insecurities on those that still enjoy the fun tough, oversize toys of their childhoods. And then those kids grow up into adults who want everyone to stop playing with the things they like and only have the "safe" wimpy things that are non-threatening. And then people that are easily led buy into that, and soon you have adults and young adults saying other people shouldn't buy what they like because they are "obviously only buying those large "toys" to compensate for some sort of insecurity."

2013 MINI JCW Roadster
2023 Chevy Bolt
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 11:27 PM   #35
-Mike
AF Newbie

Chris V,

I never thought of it like that. I think your right. I guess people have to chill.
Some people like imports or domestics and thats fine.
I really dont subscribe to any camp but custom cars.
If we look at it like the old classic customs, Im sure people were talking slack when they'd paint flames on the 37 Ford Coupes or 57 Chevy's back
then.
Don't get me wrong there's plenty of cars that are crap. And i'd bet you anything that the people that own those cars don't know much advanced about there cars, just pay some one to put there strips on there mustang or big wing on there civic.
Good taste never goes out of style. And if your going to have a maxed out exteior, better have some power to back it up!
-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 05:08 PM   #36
nikita7
AF Regular

Asian teen always has asian decal saying TYPE R on the side his car.

Drivers of stock civics always pray to VTEC gods during the race.

Drivers of V8 with no cats are usually half deaf.

Corvette drivers always have personalized license plates like "MACHOU"

People with FWD cars who wish that their car was RWD always steal trays from cafeteria and like to drive in cirlces in reverse.
91 transmission
CF hood
No-name intake
Reverse glow gauges!
nikita7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 02:27 PM   #37
G35XAndTrailBlazer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to G35XAndTrailBlazer

Or H2 Drivers stick stupid 25" rims on there car then go around bashing bush for taking us into iraq for oil, then saying they are lbierals and care for the environment and stuff. YEA RIGHT SMARTS.

People with hybrids need to pull their balls out of their anus.
G35XAndTrailBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 02:59 PM   #38
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Rx7 owners ~ Unlucky with love...
" ~ Igor
jcsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 12:45 AM   #39
G35XAndTrailBlazer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to G35XAndTrailBlazer

G35 drivers=have the best deal on the road
G35XAndTrailBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 02:50 PM   #40
6speed
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakscorpion21
camaros/mustang/big lifted trucks-rednecks
celicas - girls
6speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 06:08 AM   #41
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

SRT-4 owners don't know the real purpose of a friggin bov!
" ~ Igor
jcsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 07:36 AM   #42
kknobl
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludespeed501
Civics are like tampons, every pussy has one...
LMAO!!!!!
kknobl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 07:54 AM   #43
kknobl
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by '97ventureowner
I take offense at that comment. I own 2 '90 Buick Lesabres and just purchased a '95 Buick Roadmaster,( with a LT1 engine no less,) and I just turned 39. That's not the only stereotype that I break. I also drive a '97 Venture minivan around town and you should see the looks as I drive past with the heavy metal and hard rock music blasting from the speakers no soccer mom here!
I will be another one to break that sterotype. After I graduated HS (long time ago now) my parents got me a car - a 1988 Buick Skylark. This car was great - two door, Ruby Red color, black out grille and trim and very muted ground effects (Aero Rockers as they were called on the window sticker). Kinda looked like a baby Grand National. Anyway, the car was a blast to drive and could move quite well with the Quad4 under the hood. Loved that car. It was built like a tank too - solid as anything. Ahh...lots of good times with that car.

Once our Saturn ION is paid off (crappy car - falling apart with less than 20k on the clock - my 1993 Grand Prix has less rattles than this car) I told the wife we will be getting a Buick - probably a pre-owned year-old LaCrosse or Rendezvous. We're done with Saturn for a LONG while.

So, count me in as one who will bust the sterotype. By the time we're ready to get rid of the ION for one of the Buicks mentioned above, I'll be about 30 years old. IMO, the old Infinity slogan - "Own one and you'll understand" applies to Buicks too.

Kevin
kknobl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:11 PM   #44
rexload
AF Newbie

Yeah it is annoying when someone is driving 10mph below the speed limit; however, even if you have a cobra or an M3 as your daily driver, there is no reason to speed and put everyone around you in danger IMO. When I go the speed limit or even 5mph above MOST people fly past me here in pennsylvania. Or when someone makes fun of civic or integra?! Hey maybe I like having a wing on my car not because I race everyone but because I like the way it looks. Does that mean that I am a dumb teenager-ricer. Most people will say YES and show off in their 8cylinder/10miles per gallon vehicle and cut me off or something like that. Nobody should drive like a maniac. Maybe you should consider leaving earlier if you need to get somewhere on time.
I choose jap 4cylinder vehicles because I love them, I love the way they look, I love the quality Mazda offers in a $16,000 vehicle, and I love putting gas in my tank only once every other week. I would never buy a buick, I sat in one and the interior reminded me of GEO metro and you probably have to stop at the gas station every other day. I dont make fun of anyone driving lincoln/buick, so dont make fun of my riceburner. Nothing wrong with a nicely done import 4banger.
rexload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:32 PM   #45
98BlackTransAm
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 98BlackTransAm

people that drive imports - overly defensive about their cars

lmao the tampon and porcupine jokes were pretty funny,, anyone have any more?
F13 cam (230/232, .595/.585, 112+4 LSA) | PRC Dual Valve Springs | LS2 Timing Chain | Ported LS6 oil pump | Pacesetter LT's | TSP catted y-pipe | Flowtech cutout | LS6 intake | SLP lid | SLP cat-back | Bilstein suspension | Tuned by Mayhem Motorsports

1998 Pontiac Trans Am (A4) - SOLD
slp lid, pacesetter lts, ory, flowtech cutout, fuddle 3400 stall, B&M tranny cooler
98BlackTransAm is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General