Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-05-2001, 12:06 AM   #16
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
the point i am making is that there was one shelby anything in the movie. it was the rusty one at the end.
no one is going to use a gt350 and mod it up like that. it detracts from the value of the car as a collector. anyone who is versed in mustangs knows how rare it is to find a shelby at all, and i have seen mags and sites with hundreds of them, and i GUARANTEE that none of them looked like that. if they are modified, it is era correct mods. not 18s and billet grilles. trust me here. i know enough to be damn sure.
and find me a site or anything that has a vin number on the car in the movie, and then you can prove me wrong.
Old 10-28-2001, 09:35 PM   #17
808STANGER
AF Newbie

Eleanor....I wish.

Hey folks!!!

Eleanor was indeed a bunch of GT 350s. The one which was used most often (closeups, etc.) was also a 350 with a specially designed kit to make it look like a souped up GT 500. Limited info on it can be found on the DVD (I think...I haven't watched my Gone in 60 Seconds DVD in months...so I'd have to get back officially to you guys on that.) The clincher?!?! It seems that the one surviving Eleanor (with the kit, which Nicholas Cage drove for the most part in the chases, etc.) is in the possession of one person......Jerry Bruckheimer.

Later folks!!!

PS-Saw one of Carroll Shelby's new Series 1 cars at the Frontier Valet lot the other day. Mother F'er those bastards are SUHWEEET!!!! From behind, the car looked like a Corvette on steroids. We got around to the front and saw the Snake Eye........It even had the Nevada "MFG" plates on it.....talk about once in a lifetime! :frog:
Old 10-29-2001, 01:40 AM   #18
Trigger351
AF Enthusiast

Cool

Gday 808stanger and welcome

That series1 sounds sweet man, although probable never get to see one in Australia
Old 10-29-2001, 10:03 AM   #19
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
The one in Gone In 60 Seconds looked better, mainly because it was slightly lowered and had better tires and rims on it.
Old 11-09-2001, 04:22 AM   #20
ab310185
AF Newbie

Talking

Well, I am a big fan of the movie gone in sixty seconds. To add to the debate about the Shelby Mustang "GT 500", have any of you invested in the DVD?? It has lots of bonus interviews etc etc, and although as a male adolescent with a poor memory I seem to remember them making around 5 of the car in the movie, exact replicates?!?! Even if it is not the real thing it looks beautiful and sounds wicked. The paint job also looks great and the alloys are amazing. My deepest sympathy to all victims of September 11th victims.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg theshelbymustanggt500673.jpg (47.4 KB, 225 views)
Old 01-02-2002, 09:33 PM   #21
OUTATIME
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to OUTATIME
The Color of Eleanor in Gone in 60 seconds

Hello guys i am brand new here and i have a quick question.

My father ( he builds kit cars www.noreastcobras.com ) and really likes the color of the ford shelby gt 500 ( eleanor ) in gone in 60 seconds, he sent me on a mission to find out the color of it ( the silver color )

If one of you guys out there knows and would like to help us out, could you e-mail me?
danfuture1@hotmail.com

you see i dont check this board everyday, so e-mailing me would be awesome. Thanks guy, and awesome board!

Danny
Old 01-21-2002, 11:41 PM   #22
GTStang
Stang Guy

Send a message via AIM to GTStang
Elanor in Gone in 60 seconds is nice but in now way a GT500 or even a GT350. The nose.hood,rear etc.., Are not even close to originals. They did what you will usually see on the street. A 66-68 Fastback Mustang with new fiberglass Shelby look-a-like body parts. Also no original GT500 had side pipes. I doubt the would use GT350's cuz while not as much money they are still worth a lot of money. If you want to see a movie with an original Shelby GT500 watch Thomas Crown Affair or The movie with Chris Rock and Charlie Sheen that came out a couple years ago
Old 03-02-2002, 02:47 AM   #23
1995HondaCivic
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to 1995HondaCivic
Quote:
Originally posted by DVSNCYNIKL

Drool, Drool!
man thats one sick car .
Old 03-04-2002, 08:01 AM   #24
miker
AF Regular

Since I have a 67 Fastback, I couldn't resist looking into building an Eleanor, if you follow the classic mustang circuit some of the parts houses offer the hood, etc. My dreaming stoped abruptly when I priced the Halibrand wheels at like a grand a piece (gee that's more than I paid for the actual car).

FYI, none of the cars used in the film where Shelbys. They did butcher a number of 67 - 68 Fastbacks. I think there are three leftover. Although a tragedy for the purists, my car's popularity and value has gone through the roof.

Eleanor is awesome but the film is lame!

Old 03-16-2002, 08:40 PM   #25
rcflyer23
AF Newbie

Post Elenor Body Kits

If anyone is looking.... Go to Total Control Products

They have a full body kit for the 67/68 FastBack. Its like 5k. They also give you the part numbers for all the PIAA Lights.

Hope this helps. I know as soon as I have a garage to work in I will have the car and the kit..

Later

Forgot to mention that it has the paint codes for that color also....

Check it out.. Its a nice site..
Old 03-20-2002, 08:30 AM   #26
5.0VIPERMAN
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 5.0VIPERMAN
mistake

Is it just me or would Eleanors engine been blown up when he used the nitrous. You're to assume he is in last gear (seeing as how he was going like 110 mph. Unless there was a 5 or 6 speed tranny on it. Didn't all of the Mustangs made in the 60's have 3 or 4 speed trannys in stock form?) and he was at like 8000 rpms. When he hit the nitrous button, wouldn't that have boosted the rpms up over what the engine could handle? I still love that movie though.
1991 Mustang GT vert...1 5/8 shorty headers, offroad h-pipe, flowmaster mufflers, CAI, ported and polished lower manifold, 3.73's, Tremec 3550, King Cobra clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, electric fan, subframe connectors, Lakewood upper control arms....A LOT more to come.....if only money grew on trees...14.2@95 mph 221 rwhp and 278 rwtq

Last edited by 5.0VIPERMAN; 03-20-2002 at 11:18 AM.
Old 03-25-2002, 02:15 AM   #27
DreamsofaCobra
AF Newbie

I am just a newbie, but I can't help but add to the controversy here. To my knowledge, there was one modified shelby, which was built for Bruckhimer. However, it was never actually in the movie. It was built with the fiberglass and suspension, but everything was "reversable" so as to not devalue the car. (after production ended I think) As for the movie cars, they used junk '67 fastbacks. 13 or so. There was one '68 fastback that they never used. All driving scenes/stunt sequences were done with those cars. They were modifed with the Total control suspension, and of course the awsome bodywork.

several cars were destroyed during shooting, including the one used in the jump scene, (which wasn't the best effect I might add) and the one toward the end which was crushed. (I still cry when I see that, no matter what kind of mustang it was ) They were not GT-350's, and for good reason, as GT-350's are rare and expensive. Even if I didn't know what I was talking about (which I am sure some of you will claim is the case) you will never convince me that the cars speeding around dogging police cars and compressed gas tanks in the movie were ever Shelby's. The junker car in the last scene of the film might have been real, as I seem to remember hearing that.

Also, I heard the original concept for the new Gone in 60 Seconds called for Eleanor to be an original GT-40, an idea scraped due to the fact that original GT-40's are far too rare and valuable.

I do have the DVD, the extras are okay (it has been a while since I have seen it) but kinda weak when compared to some of the films that have many extra features.

Lastly, any Shelby would have either a C-6 automatic, or toploader 4-speed. Pre-gas crisis saw no need for OD. It is posible to put a 6-speed in an old mustang (I put a T-5 in mine) but since they didn't stress the point that it had one, I figure the whole NOS at top end was simply artistic license. As any critic of the Fast and the Furious would point out, NOS dosn't increase top speed, only how fast you get there.

Damn, that was a helluv a rant. Eh, whatchagonna do, flame on!
Old 02-07-2005, 04:44 PM   #28
Rex Orr
AF Newbie

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylwsi
even using a gt350 is outrageous though... a shelby is a shelby... im puttin money on them not using real shelbys... but that is just me...
but a gt500 is damn rare, so no real shelby owner would do that to such an expensive and rare car...
I have one of the Eleanor kits. Pretty rought low quality but I think I can fix it up. Rex