Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 01:52 PM   #1
alphalanos
AF Enthusiast

One 10" enough?

Im thinking of getting a CDT HD-10 500w sub. I listen to all metal and I need something that can keep up. I plan on putting it in a fiberglass sealed enclosure in the trunk of my sedan. Do you think this one will be enough or should I go with something else? Thanks.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:31 PM   #2
nicks84
AF Regular

Re: One 10" enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphalanos
Im thinking of getting a CDT HD-10 500w sub. I listen to all metal and I need something that can keep up. I plan on putting it in a fiberglass sealed enclosure in the trunk of my sedan. Do you think this one will be enough or should I go with something else? Thanks.
Define enough. I assume you like goin to concerts, and that maybe you want voulume, punch and soudn quality. But that being the case, what are you running (equipment/setup). IF you dont have anything but stock, it will be more than enough. I guess when you get back to me on that, you can be further assesed.
nicks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:24 PM   #3
alphalanos
AF Enthusiast

I have an Alpine HU and a set of CDT Classic 6.5 comps. Also a set of Upstage Image tweeters. I dont care about SPL at all, just want enough volume so that it can be heard easily over the road noise. My trunk is alreay sound deadened.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:25 PM   #4
nicks84
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphalanos
I have an Alpine HU and a set of CDT Classic 6.5 comps. Also a set of Upstage Image tweeters. I dont care about SPL at all, just want enough volume so that it can be heard easily over the road noise. My trunk is alreay sound deadened.
I woudl say that it will plenty, providing the box is at least built to spec. Sounds to me like you got some nice stuff. I bet it will sound very nice. And I think it will be plenty. My ladie had a comp set and coax in the rear, her single 10 was plenty, and it was a jensen
nicks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:14 AM   #5
oasisgod
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to oasisgod Send a message via Yahoo to oasisgod

I agree I ran two JL 15's plus two JL 10's for along time and as I got older I started removing speakers to make more space. In the end I kept just one JL-W0 running on a 300watt amp. It sounded great and saved alot of space. If you just want good sound a single 10 is usually all you need. This was in a station wagon too got to love that open air
oasisgod is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio