Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
F Series Forum covers questions and discussions regarding Ford F-150, Ford F-250, Ford F-350, Ford F-450, Ford F-550, Ford F-650, and Ford F-750.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
DarinSelby
AF Newbie

F350 truck fuel line carburetor trouble

Below freezing weather each night. Taos, NM

Symptoms:
Turn key to ignition on, aftermarket electric fuel pump turns on, gas comes guzzling up and out of the 2-barrel carburetor.

History:
Truck would not run without dribbling gas down the throat of the carburetor.

So, I added 3 gallons of gas because it appeared to be on empty. Same thing, as if the tank was ice-plugged, and/or the fuel line was frozen?

I replaced the fuel line (8ft. of 3/8" hose) from the tank to the fuel filter/fuel pump. Since there was no gas coming out of the tank with the fuel hose removed, I take the new fuel hose and stick it down into a full gas can.

I turn on the ignition switch, the fuel pump activates and pulls up the gas out of the can, and then gasoline starts immediately guzzling up and out of the top of the carburetor. I quickly shut off the ignition switch.

Question: Is there a natural restriction in the gas tank to keep any fuel from draining out of the bottom tube, when disconnected from the rubber hose fuel line? Nothing comes out, not even so much as a drip, and I just added 3 gallons of gas to the tank.

If fuel is guzzling up and out of the top of the carburetor, does this mean that the carburetor needs a rebuilt kit?

So this may be a dual problem.

*A clog (frozen water?) or sediment in the tank preventing any gas from draining.
*A carburetor with a stuck-open float?

Thanks for any feedback you may have.
darin_selby@hotmail.com
DarinSelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:10 PM   #2
big white bufflo
AF Regular

Re: F350 truck fuel line carburetor trouble

sound to me like you need a carb rebuild or a sunken flout some tome the flouts fill with gas
big white bufflo is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
1975 , carburetor , f350 , tank
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series