Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Van
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 09:45 PM   #1
sjaguar13
AF Newbie

What to do, what to do, what to do?

I need to sell my van. It fully carpeted in the back, so I bought it for my band. Now I am trying to sell it to a band. I posted message on 2 websites, and put up two flyers in music stores. I had it on eBay, but I didn't want to pay the $80, so I listed it as a musical instrument, and again in business and industrial. It didn't sell there. Bands are interested, but they don't have any money.

My dad has been a mechanic for over 30 years, so it runs great, but he thinks cars are worthless. The last couple of cars we bought were $200 (perfect running condition, ran strong for 5 years that we had it) and the most recent car we go free because the guy who owned it was tired of paying to get it fixed. I want $900. I post saying I want $1,250. Then when they call, I say I will take $1,000. That leaves $100 if they want to deal even more.

My dad says I should cut the price in half or more. I should find someone who wants it and take whatever they have. He found someone who had $200. He kept irratating the hell out of me to sell it for $200. It was my dad's friend, so I am pretty sure he was trying to get him a good deal.

Here's what I am thinking, I could fix it up a little and make it prettier, but that would cost money and then I would have to ask for more. People can't afford it now. I am beginning to think I shouldn't try to sell it to bands. My van is more for a vanner. I am thinking that after I do the stuff to it, I will put it on eBay the right way, and pay the $80.

Here's what the van looks like now:

The seats are in bad condition, but they are the swivel kind:

Carpet and doghouse are messed up:

It's hard to see, but the doghouse has a lot of marks all over it:

The dash is three different colors:

The carpet is beginning to sag on the roof:
sjaguar13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 09:47 PM   #2
sjaguar13
AF Newbie

Re: What to do, what to do, what to do?

Here's what I am thinking, the seats suck, so I will get seat covers. Either one of these:

To fix up the outside a little, I will get one of these decals in red. I like the third one the best:

Or I will get this in either orange or yellow if I get the dragon seat covers:

It should look something like this:

Then, I am thinking about getting some interior dye to fix up the doghouse and dash. The problem with that is, I am having a hard time getting dye that is the same color as the interior already. I don't want to have to redo every little plastic piece.

I can get the covers, decals, and dye for $75. That means I would have to ask for $975. I don't think $1,000 is unreasonable for the van. On eBay, I could probably get that. I also found a bench seat that folds into a bed. The guy selling it is right down the road. A couple bands wanted a bench seat so the whole band could ride in the van along with their equipment. The red seat covers comes with a bench seat cover, so they will all match. Even if I sell the van without the bench seat, I could use it in my apartment when I move out this week. I don't have any furniture yet and the bench seat would be cool.

What do you think I should do? Fix it up and hopefully it will be easier to sell, or sell it like it is cheaper? My dad says I should just sell it, but I think for $75, it would look more like an 80s vanner van and then more people would be interested in it on eBay. I also thought about getting the deals and covers and listing it on eBay the way it is and say "if bidding goes over $1,000, I will through in free seat covers and decals." I think offering the dye is kinda stupid. "Buy my van and get free interior dye to make the inside less sucky."
sjaguar13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 12:57 PM   #3
slantsixness
AF Enthusiast

Make up your mind!

I'd only give you $200 for it, and I'd have to drive it back to VA with that sucky interior and the 80's wagon wheels.... yuck!
Old 07-13-2004, 12:55 AM   #4
BleedDodge
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to BleedDodge

Is this guy serious? LOL!

Those seat covers are scary! Some of my mushroom eating friends would kill me if I put those in my vehicles!
Old 07-14-2004, 06:14 PM   #5
gelcol
AF Regular

trade it in the small dealer they will take it just like my van b4
gelcol is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Van