Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cima | Nissan President | Infiniti Q45
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-05-2001, 05:34 PM   #16
nishboo
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to nishboo Send a message via Yahoo to nishboo
i like the new Q

the new Q is great...i wish i could afford one...i wonder if they make a look-a-like light assembly for the 1994 Q45...oh well, Altezzas would be cool on a Q....ok, dont kill me for that, jk.
TWO CAR PAGES I HAVE:
http://www.southlakehigh.com http://nnn21.tripod.com/infiniti.html
nishboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 08:02 PM   #17
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Smile

Welcome to the forum Nishboo, and happy postings to you. One question about the 1994 Q45: I know that they call the recent Qs "Cima" in Japan. They still seem to be producing the older model Qs labeled as "President". The question is did they call it Cima or President when it first came out?

Praise be to Nissan for reviving the new Qs powertrain with a 4.5L!!! Heck, an IRL motor should grow, not shrink.
Morpheus XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 08:07 PM   #18
nishboo
AF Newbie

i am not sure what they call it...let me know if u find out...did u see my car?
Old 06-06-2001, 03:14 AM   #19
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Yeah, I saw your car, and always respect people who drive that model Q.
Old 06-06-2001, 05:11 PM   #20
nishboo
AF Newbie

dont give me that much respect...i am only 16...lol
Old 08-13-2001, 08:34 PM   #21
Nizzan
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Nizzan
Quote:
Originally posted by morpheusxiii
Welcome to the forum Nishboo, and happy postings to you. One question about the 1994 Q45: I know that they call the recent Qs "Cima" in Japan. They still seem to be producing the older model Qs labeled as "President". The question is did they call it Cima or President when it first came out?

Praise be to Nissan for reviving the new Qs powertrain with a 4.5L!!! Heck, an IRL motor should grow, not shrink.
I know that the Japan market Cima is a different car from the president. What are the differences? You got me; but they might be "twins" just like the Japan market Gloria and Cedric. So I guess that half answers your question.
Nizzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 07:35 AM   #22
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Yeah, automakers tend to do this a lot. Having sister cars allows a company to appeal to different crowds by creating the same car in various ways. However this case is a little odd. Instead of selling 2 models of the same year equipped in different ways, Nissan sells 2 models of far different years.
Old 08-14-2001, 11:40 AM   #23
Hudson
Old Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by morpheusxiii

The first Q45 was a version of the Japanese market President, they weren't identical. The second generation model was a rebadged Cima for cost-cutting reasons. The new Q45 was designed for the American market, but marketed in Japan as the replacement for the Cima.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 07:51 AM   #24
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

That is known. But what did they call it first back in early '90s? President or Cima?
Old 08-16-2001, 09:17 AM   #25
Hudson
Old Mod

It was a version of the President...it was "unique" to the US. The President was its closest relation in Japan.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 11:46 AM   #26
howard_w13
AF Enthusiast

As for the headlights, I can only pray that some aftermarket company will make some sort of plastic tinted headlight covers.
howard_w13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 08:55 PM   #27
LiuBei
AF Regular

IMO, the Lexus LS430 is superior. The Q45 has always live in the Lexus LS's shadow and I believe it will stay there. I've read to many reviews, comparo's, buyer thoughts, etc. I am comfident that Lexus builds a better product. I do have to say though the new Q is a bargain for being fully loaded at 60k.
Old 12-08-2001, 04:26 AM   #28
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

It's not just about getting the better product as a whole. Some people don't care about a better "name" (whatever that means, seeing how 'Lexus' is just a figment of many countries' imaginations). Some people don't want to own the same car everyone else does in yuppie-town. The new Q (as well as it's predecessors) is a firm statement that you don't need to be numb to the road. The LS is a great car, I've spent countless hours in them, old and new. But it still can't touch a quality the Q45 has: Unique delivery.
Old 01-17-2002, 10:38 AM   #29
Sham365

That's a bad mamma jamma!

Ever since 1994 when I cleaned one working at a carwash, I've loved the Q45.
Old 01-25-2002, 10:33 PM   #30
Euro19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Euro19 Send a message via AIM to Euro19 Send a message via Yahoo to Euro19
Thumbs up

I like the Q better than the LS for many reason,
first it delivers more power, better interior, better design (try a black Q45), and its more exlusive since people mostly rather buy the Lexus over the Infiniti, right? well, I love those headlights anywise.

why is everybody talking all this stuff about me, why donīt just they let me live?

- Daewoo

The Best SUV itīs korean!

Euro19 is offline   Reply With Quote