Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-18-2001, 01:29 PM   #46
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy_11_cars

They do compete with Honda & Toyota, in Europe, the CLK & 3 Series Coupe compete, with the Accord Coupe and Celica as well as the Peugeot
how could it compete with a CLK then?? A CLK costs like twice as much as an accord coupe or celica

Quote:
Originally posted by KatWoman

Best car I've ridden in: BMW 330 :drool:
you'd drool over a bmw 330?? that's basically the same as my car (cause my car was the top 3 in 2000, the 330 just added the .2 liters, for the same price as the 328 for 2001)

they're not all that special..
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2001, 09:30 PM   #47
Euro19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Euro19 Send a message via AIM to Euro19 Send a message via Yahoo to Euro19
I said the Peugeot DOES NOT compit with Accord coupe and Celica, maybe the 2.0L version gets a little bit closer to them, anywise Im talking about the V6 version, and even if it has power like in the Accord V6 the Peugeot is oriented to a different kind of buyer, like the Mercedes maybe, even if thereīs a Mercedes CLK diesel in Europe less powerfull and slower than an Accord Coupe it stills been more espensive. I hope itīs clear now

why is everybody talking all this stuff about me, why donīt just they let me live?

- Daewoo

The Best SUV itīs korean!

Euro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2001, 12:23 AM   #48
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
I can't remember which issue it was but Top Gear magazine put the 2.0 406 against the Cougar, Prelude (non VTEC), Celica and FIAT Coupe 5 cylinder, those are the true rivals for the base models, yet the Accord V6 Coupe, 325Ci and CLK230K are the rivals for the V6, this is all according to British pricing.

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2001, 10:29 PM   #49
Euro19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Euro19 Send a message via AIM to Euro19 Send a message via Yahoo to Euro19
I believe you. Is just that those Toyotas and Hondas got to be expensive in England!! I see Top Gear magazine in TV, itīs a pretty cool show too bad it only longs have an hour every week.

why is everybody talking all this stuff about me, why donīt just they let me live?

- Daewoo

The Best SUV itīs korean!

Euro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 07:33 PM   #50
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
I drove a Lamborghini Diablo VT 2001.....a few M3's....GT mustang and a camaro ss....I got rich friends and neighbors
Old 12-27-2001, 01:57 PM   #51
moe182
AF Enthusiast

Benz S500 (2000) and SL500 (1997)
And im gonna drive the new 5th Gen SL REAL soon....my uncle already ordered it from a good friend of the family (he owns a Benz, BMW, Ford and Jag dealerships) So the day he gets it im gonna drive that bad boy.
Old 12-27-2001, 05:01 PM   #52
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by moe182
And im gonna drive the new 5th Gen SL REAL soon....my uncle already ordered it from a good friend of the family (he owns a Benz, BMW, Ford and Jag dealerships) So the day he gets it im gonna drive that bad boy. [/b]
that is sweet!!
lucky
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 01:57 PM   #53
mastachi
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mastachi
My mom's CLK AMG 55. what a beast. EURO 19 oh yea, no way CLK are in the class of accords, never in a million years, an CLK Diesel, no. never ever heard of one, even if there was one, it would be a turbo diesel. But, they dont have them anyway. And a CLK slower than an Accord V6, no. I have no clue where you got those stats..
what do you when a blonde throws a pin at you? ... run like hell 'cause she has a grenade in her mouth...what do you do when a blonde throws a grenade at you? ... pull the pin out and throw it back at her...
mastachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 07:21 PM   #54
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Actually a 6 cylinder Mercedes is slower then a v6 accord...the only quicker 6 cylinder mercedes is one with forced induction or a 320 SLK
Old 02-09-2002, 08:12 PM   #55
mastachi
AF Enthusiast

The SLK and CLK are two different cars. The Honda Accord V-6 has a 7.7 second 0-60 time. The CLK 230 has a 0-60 time of 7.5. Thats the smaller engine without a Kompressor. The engine has 215 hp, the CLK 430 has 272 hp. The 320 SLK as you put it is not the only car force induction made by Mercedes Benz. They put a (Kompressor) in each model of car they make besides the A-Class. Its SLK 320 anyway. The CLK 430, C320, S320, CL500-600, SLK 320, SL 430, these are just some of the cars with kompressors, The CLK, C, and SLK have 6 cylinder engines.
what do you when a blonde throws a pin at you? ... run like hell 'cause she has a grenade in her mouth...what do you do when a blonde throws a grenade at you? ... pull the pin out and throw it back at her...
Old 02-10-2002, 04:15 AM   #56
JBL85
AF Fanatic

well, we raced a Kompressor 230 against my Maxima which is stock. The Maxima beat it, both of them were launched the same with a brake drop and both had full tanks. My friends 4-door Accord beat my Maxima, I had a bad start, but he still would have beat me....so I dont know what 0-60 your talking about.

The mercedes was those small ones where the top goes into the trunk...
Old 02-10-2002, 04:23 AM   #57
mastachi
AF Enthusiast

the CLK, SLK, and SL have tops that go into the trunk, if an accord beat your maxima, the your maxima very fast. Maxima's are hella faster than accords. you should look on the internet for car stats, then you would believe me. i know this cause i looked at car an driver and motor trend..
Old 02-10-2002, 04:25 AM   #58
mastachi
AF Enthusiast

i meant to say your maxima is not very fast if it couldnt beat an accord. even a V6..maximas are hella fast..
Old 02-10-2002, 05:04 AM   #59
JBL85
AF Fanatic

trust me, well I guess that bad launch constituted for a lot.....and racing on windy roads doesnt help....but I am sure an accord coupe can beat a SLK.......im not good with mercedes but thats the one that says Kompressor (mercedes symbol) 230 on the back of it....im not to good with mercedes.....i usually dont have them in front of me
Old 02-10-2002, 12:07 PM   #60
mastachi
AF Enthusiast

You may have beat it, but i can tell you one thing, I use to live in the city were M-B was built makes it hard to believe, im not saying your wrong at all, i have alot of pride built up in M-B, that could be my mistake. But, people buy those Kompressor labels just like ppl by type R badges an what not. Lets let this go, is that cool??