Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 08:27 AM   #1
3000GT4ME
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 3000GT4ME
car selling problems..

I have been trying to sell my 96' base for about a month now. Havent gotten many 'real' calls for it. I am asking 7800 for it, i just replaced the engine, clutch, master and slave cylinders, it has a cold air intake in her, 4 yoko tires (about 7 or 8k on them). Obviously i am like 10 in the hole for this car... should i lower the price? advertise somewhere different? i am currently on autotrader.. i put it in the washington post last weekend and that didnt help.. i dont want to have to do ebay and get like 3k for it. Any help would be appreciated.
3000GT4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:12 AM   #2
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

Re: car selling problems..

Well, I'd start by making one thread here (which you just did), an ad on autotrader (which you did), advertise it on www.3si.org, possibly www.cars.com, and if you do resort to ebay you can put a reserve on it (meaning if that reserve price isn't met, say something like 6,000, then the auction is null and void and you just start a new one). If you are trying to determine a good price for it, check out www.kbb.com
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Igovert500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:56 AM   #3
3000GT4ME
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 3000GT4ME

okay thanks.. i put it up on 3si as well. I just didnt know if they usually dont sell very fast or what.
3000GT4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 10:09 AM   #4
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

Well it's winter time, so sporty cars typically don't sell very fast this season, but just stick with it.
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Igovert500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 03:23 PM   #5
Thourun
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Thourun

Try the want advertiser since its kinda free, if there is a comprable car on autotrader near you you probably won't sell it if they have a lower price but if your geting any calls then keep at it and you'll get a few real ones.
Installed: ESP front precat eliminating downpipe, test pipe, RF-1008 K&N, Dejon tool Y pipe, 1G DSM BOV, MSD wires, Guted rear pre cat, ISSPRO EV Marine boost gauge, IPO MBC, EGR blockoffs, Palm m515 dataloger setup, NGK iridium plugs, SPEC stage II clutch 500ft/lb, 5300k HID plug and play setup.

Soon:Topline Engineering ground wires.
Thourun is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth