Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 11:40 AM   #16
LL_Baker
AF Newbie

Re: 95 Liftgate Won't Open

I'm having the same problem with my '96 Blazer. How do you get the rear panel off when the liftgate won't open?
Old 03-06-2008, 02:30 PM   #17
ZL1power69
GM S-Series Mod

Re: 95 Liftgate Won't Open

This has been covered a few times. I assume you have the tailgate/glass hatch and not the liftgate. The problem occurs when the plastic clip connecting the electric accuator to the linkage breaks. The actuator still works but is no longer connected to the linkage to open the glass. You can't get the panel off with the tailgate closed because there is a screw on each end of it that are only accessable when the tailgate is down. Your only option without destroying the panel (unless those two screws are missing, then the panel will come off) is to carefully peel back the capet insert. There is an access hole in the metal panel that you can use to get at the latch and release the glass. Then remove the pastic and metal panel to access the actuator. You have two options: either get a replacement clip from a junk yard (with the possibility of the problem happening again) or go to the dealer and get the updated actuator and clip (part # 15139675, $70).

BTW, this thread is over 3 years old now. please refrain from bringing back old threads.
Exterior Mods: Just Right

1987 Buick Turbo T Dark Red
Low 11 sec sleeper
.030 4.1 block, PT6262E, & other odds and ends....
My Cardomain

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis