Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > CTS and CTS-V
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 09:51 AM   #1
SONIC1050fps
AF Regular

The True CTS-V numbers.also a side note on the GtO

The Cts -V.. i resdthe reports from Car and driver and road and track.. funny the resulting 0-60 and 1/4 mile times are with a faulty PSi tire...

Having one of the obviosly newer assembly line CTS-v.. i can sevral comment.

All good.. its been meticulously broken it.. so this abaove 5 second 0-60 bull is just that.. < having a Z06 its not genios , but prctice to get a car withthat kind of Hp & tq off the line.. i've easily done 4.7- even 4.6..thise is awd.. lighweight Evo time.. and the 1/4 came up for me in 13.1
this car is miraculous..( 60 ft was a1.99.. not the 2.3 car and driver got.. they aren't the best divers that is a known fact.. it comes from testing many cars.. so the launching quirk of any partiular car is not in their repetiore)

as a engineer i wated no time putting in a hi-po dual friction kevlar clutch.and exanded the rear wheel to the rim max 255 with far better rubber.. ( my favorite on all my cars BFG kd or kdw's)..

in doing so.. reducing the rear psi by 2 and increasing the front by 2 for daily driving this car is truly everything America could hope for..

its ride its capacity , its total handling.. is similar to top C4 z51 vettes.. though not quite up to a C5 z51.. what can you expect.. its a luxy sport..
( but real close in alot of respects.. and with the power advantage.. on a track it could take a C5 z51 on a long course run)

If you ever thougght to buy the M5 or a merceded.. you need to stop ..clear you mind of previous Caddy offerings..and test drive one..

you'll leave in total shock .. especially at its price.

on the second note.. i hee alt of Whining about the GT0.. ,damn its an Ls1.. Boltons are aplenty.. and littel need to be done.. of coure the car can easily mange the sme Ws6/SS accelaration times.. you don't like stealth.. hell does an M5 promote the look ( hell i own an M3 and it desn't look any differnt on a simple exam than a 330. so the M# marking is the only clue and it you know what M stye wheel use.. otherwise a Box. though it does handle with athority andd is a Sports cr to no end) of a road rocket.. yet it is.... the car is just fine.. and this s the Autralian modle.. shortly GM will build it on an American platform..and styling q's will be addressed.. its interior matches or exceeds any BMW.. and that is a fact.. with better ruber and wider tires this car can easily be an above par handler.. as it is..it does very well..
with LS1 parts aplenty..this is a plateform that mere bolt-ons can make devestating

a Gentleman in Indiana remarked his s/c XKR can beat the GTo by .3.. in one magazine test 13.7 vs the 14 flat for the GTO. but another mag had the GTo ..heavy as it is in the 13.7 realm.. gears nitto's and some intake and exhaust work can put this car in the 13 flat zone.. a.1 off the cobra.. with far more luxury and interoir style.

this car also represent a great American value and heritage.

i feel bad for those that nitpick.. my Z06 LPE and my Ws6 Lpe.. is always critized for the most inane things , interior.. like a batmobile interiror.. its a bad thing in a hipo V8 firebreathers??.. i had one such person comment about the cat hump on the passenger side..

funnny i don't drive on the passenger side.. so how does it ruin the interior..

people can't help but try to pick apart American cars costing far less and in overall looks ,look better , meaner, and perform heads above the more expenive competition.. i've had no problems, Zero returns to the dealer.. so that to me, says alot.. and i own M3, a Modena. and some varios other cars not considered totally high performance.. but fast and sweet non the less and most are American..

be proud of the CTS-V..its just the begining of Gm &Ford pandora's box
Sorry fr any mispells english is the 3rd language i learned..behing italian and latin.. for those who have a anal problem with spellling

I hope i pumped up GM loyalists.. in Europe.. Gm it well respected.. even a stock Ws6 or SS.. with speed liniter removed is acar that snapsheads looking at them and marveling at the rumble of the V8 sound.. they love i.. and a black with balck tinted and lowerd ws6/ SS is quite the site in europe and japan urprising to everyone.. especailly the rice d=crowd.. with the 01-02 cpable of13 falt.and the slight mod of thr 1le factory seting.. these car ntiquated tech.. prove devestating over thei in NA frm.. ad a simple airbx dry Nos to them , using a progreessing controller.and an extr 150 on tap.. put the the real fly wheel hp of 370+ to 520.. a beast

Last edited by SONIC1050fps; 02-02-2004 at 10:43 AM.
SONIC1050fps is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > CTS and CTS-V