Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > 360
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 09:47 AM   #1
Tangun
AF Newbie

360 replacement?

I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before ad nauseum. I did a search and could not find anything about a possible 360 replacement.

My understanding is that 2004 will be the last year they have a 360 model. Has Ferrari announced the successor to the 360 spyder? If so, can anyone share any details and are there early model pictures or sketches available? Any info would be appreciated.

If you were considering a 360 right now, would you go ahead and buy or wait for the new model?
Tangun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 10:40 AM   #2
DrJJJ
AF Newbie

Re: 360 replacement?

To Tangun:
I am a owner of a 2003 360 Spyder. I bought it at Continental Autosports in Hinsdale,IL. I purchased the car in Dec. 2002, and was the first person the dealer gave a 2003 model to. At that time, since I waited 3 years for my Spyder, I asked if anything is on the horizon. He did explain that a replacement was coming, and I could write a letter of intent to buy, which I did. Upon revisiting the dealer and up until a couple of months ago, he still did not have any specific info on the body style, the differences, what it is called, or ANYTHING? So there is a successor coming, but I don't think any details. Now, should you go buy a Spyder now? It depends. If you are on the waiting list, and your slot is coming, buy it now. But the thing is, if your not already on the list for the new one, you will have to wait another 4 years probably from today. But if your buying it for over market value right now, then I would wait to buy the successor for over market value. Hope this helped.

Dr. J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangun
I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before ad nauseum. I did a search and could not find anything about a possible 360 replacement.

My understanding is that 2004 will be the last year they have a 360 model. Has Ferrari announced the successor to the 360 spyder? If so, can anyone share any details and are there early model pictures or sketches available? Any info would be appreciated.

If you were considering a 360 right now, would you go ahead and buy or wait for the new model?
DrJJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 11:01 AM   #3
YellowMaranello
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to YellowMaranello

There will be a replacement. There is talk about upping it to a 4.2 liter engine, but that is about all anyone knows. I think I heard that styling isn't going to be too drasticly different too, but not sure on that one. Just don't expect to know much about it until Ferrari wants you to. They are experts at keeping things secret.
YellowMaranello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 11:03 AM   #4
TexasF355F1
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TexasF355F1
Welcome both of you. One current owner, and possible future owner. I've seen a few small details on the web about the 360 successor. From what I've read, the name will be the 420. With a 4.2L displacement. And it is supposedly making an unveiling at the end of this year or beginning of 2005. Could be sooner and could be later depending on how fast things are moving along. Here's a link to one small reading with a few details.
http://www.cavallino.cc/index.php?se...dele/newmodena

DrJJJ do you happen to have pics of your car you could share?
Old 02-10-2004, 08:34 PM   #5
DrJJJ
AF Newbie

Texas:
I asked some friends who took pics to email me them. I should have it in a couple of days.
Dr J

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasF355F1
Welcome both of you. One current owner, and possible future owner. I've seen a few small details on the web about the 360 successor. From what I've read, the name will be the 420. With a 4.2L displacement. And it is supposedly making an unveiling at the end of this year or beginning of 2005. Could be sooner and could be later depending on how fast things are moving along. Here's a link to one small reading with a few details.
http://www.cavallino.cc/index.php?se...dele/newmodena

Old 02-11-2004, 02:46 PM   #6
DrJJJ
AF Newbie

Texas:
Have pictures in my gallery of 2003 360 Modena Spyder and 2003 Mercedes G55. My other cars will be up in a little bit.
Dr J

DrJJJ do you happen to have pics of your car you could share?[/quote]
Old 02-11-2004, 02:54 PM   #7
TexasF355F1
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TexasF355F1
Re: Re: 360 replacement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJJJ
Texas:
Have pictures in my gallery of 2003 360 Modena Spyder and 2003 Mercedes G55. My other cars will be up in a little bit.
Dr J

[/quote]
Thanks for sharing. Your car is beautiful. I've actually become a big fan of the G55 too. As for my car, I don't own an F355. Its just the car I've dreamed of having since its debut. I'm only 22, and I drive a Chevy Silverado until I graduate in a little over a year. Then I'll be selling it moving to a BMW 330ci.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:08 PM   #8
DrJJJ
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: 360 replacement?

No problem Texas, wish that I had a couple more at angles, but that will have to do for now. The file upload limit really hindered me being able to give you guys a good, big photo of the 360. Oh well, something is better than nothing.
Dr J

Thanks for sharing. Your car is beautiful. I've actually become a big fan of the G55 too. As for my car, I don't own an F355. Its just the car I've dreamed of having since its debut. I'm only 22, and I drive a Chevy Silverado until I graduate in a little over a year. Then I'll be selling it moving to a BMW 330ci.[/quote]