Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General news, articles, other.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-16-2002, 09:26 PM   #1
DJ Hotpokit
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to DJ Hotpokit
someone PLEASE help, getting my needles off...

I got my whole gauge assembly taken apart and im trying to get my faces off, but the needles wont come off they seem like theyre stuck and I dont want to pull them off and brake them, I have a P10 can someone help please?!?!

thanx
91 G20 5-speed manual, Stillen front strut bridge, Alpine 10" subwoofer/ 5 channel amp, APR DTM style 57" Aluminum racing spoiler, 2 and a half inch custom exhaust w/ high flow cat converter, Dual tip Arospeed racing muffler, custom smoked out parking lights, custom smoked tail lights, xenon gas filled super blue headlights, blue interior mood lights, neon light under dash, blue licence plate lights, some big ugly scratch dent put on there by some ignorant coward, but still, downright beautiful

DJ Hotpokit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 09:30 PM   #2
Swonder67
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Swonder67
What kind of faces are you putting on? I wouldn't touch the needles AT ALL, becuase it could mess up the calibration
Swonder67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 09:31 PM   #3
DJ Hotpokit
AF Enthusiast

I'm taking the needles off to get the faces off so I can replace the dash bulbs
91 G20 5-speed manual, Stillen front strut bridge, Alpine 10" subwoofer/ 5 channel amp, APR DTM style 57" Aluminum racing spoiler, 2 and a half inch custom exhaust w/ high flow cat converter, Dual tip Arospeed racing muffler, custom smoked out parking lights, custom smoked tail lights, xenon gas filled super blue headlights, blue interior mood lights, neon light under dash, blue licence plate lights, some big ugly scratch dent put on there by some ignorant coward, but still, downright beautiful

Old 02-16-2002, 10:06 PM   #4
Swonder67
AF Fanatic

whoa whoa whoa, you don't need to take the faces off to get to the bulbs...

look on the back of the cluster, you should see five brown receptors. they will turn left and come right out. that's how you change your bulbs. They should be the bigger receptors holding 194 bulbs.
Old 02-16-2002, 10:15 PM   #5
DJ Hotpokit
AF Enthusiast

I can't take the whole cluster out, its like stuck in and I don't want to pull it too hard I'm afraid to snap a wire or something...

Old 02-16-2002, 10:17 PM   #6
Swonder67
AF Fanatic

what you do is, is pull the cluster out like, an inch, and pivot it toward you (like fold it down), you should then have access to the back of the cluster
Old 02-16-2002, 10:20 PM   #7
DJ Hotpokit
AF Enthusiast

its on there really good, I can't even get it out an inch to pivot it down cuz its on really tight im afraid to snap a wire or something

Old 02-16-2002, 10:24 PM   #8
Swonder67
AF Fanatic

Did you take out all 4 screws holding in the cluster? If so, it should come out enough to fold down.
Old 02-16-2002, 10:27 PM   #9
DJ Hotpokit
AF Enthusiast

took out all four screws, its easy on my friends civic, it just came right out, but it seems like there are some wires behind it holding it on or something

Old 02-16-2002, 10:31 PM   #10
Swonder67
AF Fanatic

try to slowly work it out, don't yank, but just wiggle it around, and try to get it out enough to folt it down.
Old 02-16-2002, 10:37 PM   #11
DJ Hotpokit
AF Enthusiast

kik ass thanx I went out there and wiggled it for a lil bit and it poped rigth out, there was like a hole with a pin in it and that came out and now i can get to the lights :-D thanx

Old 02-16-2002, 10:38 PM   #12
Swonder67
AF Fanatic

cool.
Old 02-17-2002, 12:20 AM   #13
DJ Hotpokit
AF Enthusiast

I got all the lights in and they look super kick ass all blue and stuff, except one problem, I like didnt put the black thing around my gauges back on all the way so now when my headlight brights light is on, it makes all the other lights (gas light, etc. etc.) come on too and it makes my whole dash look all ranbowy and stuff cuz like I get the blue, and all the orange and red lights I'll take it back apart tommorow and fix it though, thanx for the help :-D

Old 02-17-2002, 04:21 PM   #14
p10imposter
AF Newbie

dude

hey I been thinking about changing the color of my dash lights too. I was scared I might like crack the plastic cover, that would suck! But could U like tell me how U did it, step by step!
Old 02-17-2002, 06:16 PM   #15
Swonder67
AF Fanatic

Tools Needed: Phillips head screw driver

Step 1: Take off the plastic pieces surrounding the steering column. (4 or 6 screws on the underside of the piece.)

Step 2: remove the black plastic piece surrounding the cluster (the piece with the "SECURITY" light on it.) (4 or 6 screws, easy to see if you get low, and look up.

Step 3: Wiggle the place piece out. It might seem kinda stuck in there, but if you wiggle it enough, it will come out.

Step 4: Unclip the "SECURITY" light harness.

Step 5: You should see 4 screws holding the cluster in place, (two on the top, two on the bottom), remove them

Step 6: Wiggle the cluster out about an inch or two, and fold/pivot down the cluster towards you. At this point, you should be able to get to the bulb receptors holding 5, 194 bulbs.

Step 6.5: If you want more room to work, just unclip the harnesses holding in the cluster and take it out all together, but this is not neccessary.

Step 7: Go in reverse and put everything back together.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General