Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CL | Inspire | Saber | TL
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 10:30 PM   #1
juanito115
AF Newbie

97 cl 2.2 trans replacement

Hi guys! need your opinion/help! my friend has a 97 cl 2.2 with a slipping auto trans. he wants to have it replace with a new one from Autozone for about $1600. He can get it rebuilt and replace at a shop for $1500. What do you think is the best route? I really dont know much about these cars other than what I have read about the trans crapping out pretty soon.

If he gets it at autozone, how hard do you guys think it would be to replace it myself. i have replaced two other transaxles but those were pretty easy. Do you think it would be best to leave to a shop? my friend says that I can take whatever time I need, since he has another car which he uses to go to work! btw the car has close to 130K miles and it runs and goes into gear only when it is first started in the morning. After about 10 min. it won't go into gear anymore! Im going to replace the trans fluid first to see if this helps if not then it is time for another one! lol!!!

Any suggestions from someone who has done this job or any how-to's would be greatly appreciated!! thanks!!
juanito115 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CL | Inspire | Saber | TL