Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 03:33 PM   #1
Brohammi
AF Newbie

2003 Malibu Fuel pump

I have just returned from the Chevy dealer that we purchased our new 2003 malibu from 4 1/2 years ago, to have a fuel pump installed on it. The dealer charged us $875.00 ($530.00 for the pump & $345.00 labor) . From reading several of the post on here, as well as pricing a replacement pump on the web, this seemed really excessive. We were really in a pinch for the vehicle so we did go ahead and authorize the work...My question, if the charge for this repair is way out of reason, what recorse do we have, and what steps should we take. Thanks for any suggestions.
Brohammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:18 AM   #2
slls
AF Regular

Re: 2003 Malibu Fuel pump

Sounds high to me. You agreed to the price so I would say you have no recourse. Next time take it to a good independent shop.
slls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:56 PM   #3
toptech69
AF Newbie

Be extremly careful of aftermarket fuel pumps. many are not producing the correct pressure and causing issues. The price is correct, complete fuel pump units list for that. Then you have diag time, install time and tax.
toptech69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:20 PM   #4
Andy57
AF Newbie

I put fuel with ethenol in my 98 Malibu and took out the fuel pump. I used a cheap pump thru ebay, my car seems to be ok, I do have issues with my pollution gear but may have those fixed. I went with a cheap pump, so far so good. I only go to the chevy dealer when I plan to spend a lot on money, i.e. there is a blizzard and I can't fix her myself since I don't have a garage. I paid $300 in labour and got no new parts out of it, just a few cups of coffee.
Andy57 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu