Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Expedition
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 08:59 PM   #1
BigNobe
AF Newbie

Question Under the steering wheel leak.

When it rains my 2000 expedition leaks water under the steering wheel, towards the left corner. I took it to the Ford dealer (when it was still under warrenty) and they resealed the windshield. That did not work. Does anyone have any suggestions?
BigNobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 11:25 AM   #2
annabelle
AF Newbie

Please advise-- very serious issues as a result of water problem.

My 2000 is having the exact same problem!! Sounds like I wrote that post, except when I had the window resealed they also replaced the fuse box. (Spendy$$ repair that didn't solve the problem, by the way.) My car is in the shop- as we speak, the problem is very bizarre & defintely water related. When the car is in P or N the radio works- once shifted into gear the radio goes off & the washer fluid light & 4X4 lights flash on/off, when you turn the headlight high beams ON- the windshield wipers stop working. The car can be PARKED at home & in the middle of the night & the radio & fan to heater will go ON (unless I turn to OFF before turning the vehicle off). NOW, the problem is the vehicle was trying to START the other day at my sons bball game!! Nobody was in the car, nor the keys, the engine kept turning over & over & grinding the starter sound-- it is a HUGE deal!!!! There seemed to be a "sizzling" type sound, in the wiring under the steering area, but no burning smell, & no visible water. I'm very worried about this problem. It seems critical to our saftey to resolve this. ANYBODY have any answers???? Please help with related info.. or advise. ALSO, rear wiper doesn't work at all-- similar to the cruise control fire problems. (I did have the dealship unhook my cruise.)
annabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 02:07 PM   #3
ncinirator
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to ncinirator
Re: Under the steering wheel leak.

Does the vehicle have a sunroof? If so it may be leaking into the dash from the drain holes that are supposed to take water from the sunroof to thru the a pillars to the bottom of the car.

My Expe. was leaking water thru the handle on the A pillar on time. Took it to the shop. Mechanic told me that if too much dust gets into the holes and they clog the water will back up into the vehicle.

Moral of story, rinse truck once a week.!
Old 03-06-2005, 07:20 PM   #4
mec2973
AF Newbie

Re: Please advise-- very serious issues as a result of water problem.

Isabelle, I see where you last wrote on 2-7-05. I have been experiencing the same problems for about 6 months and tomorrow I will take my expedetion in. We have had several people try to pinpoint the leak, but to no avail. Did you ever get your vehicle serviced properly and was the problem permanently corrected. Thank you and I appreciate your response. I'm wondering if I can count on it being corrected.
mec2973 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Expedition