Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #106
zak78
AF Regular

Re: Vector W2 kit build up - JJ

Everytime this topic pops up, I smile . I'm reminded of how nothing else looks really anything like a Vector...and of how badly I want one! Great work as usual, showing us how it's done.
zak78 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zak78 For This Useful Post:
JeremyJon (12-08-2013)
Old 12-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #107
sdrosos
AF Newbie

Smile Re: Vector W2 kit build up - JJ

I personally like the w2 better than the w8.
sdrosos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #108
JeremyJon
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrosos View Post
I personally like the w2 better than the w8.
This build is of the W2, the W8 being the production versions that came later, both are quite similar though

Last edited by JeremyJon; 12-10-2013 at 10:23 AM.
JeremyJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:19 AM   #109
stryfe101
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to stryfe101 Send a message via Yahoo to stryfe101

Beautiful work sir, beautiful! I've been a fan of the Vector since it first appeared back in the 80's and my dad, a drafting/engineering teacher, told me about it , and how it was designed on the cad software of the day...the same cad software I was using at the time to draw my own cars (when I was like 8 i think?)

Cool stuff dude!
stryfe101 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stryfe101 For This Useful Post:
JeremyJon (12-10-2013)
Old 04-30-2014, 04:22 PM   #110
Arsafraz
AF Newbie

Red face Re: Vector W2 kit build up - JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyJon View Post
Many cars I'd like to build are simply not available in 1/24 resin kit form, so I decided to build them
This is one of the first coming off of the bench; the Vector W2

The W2 was the first running Vector built by Weigart, and many thought there were more W2 built, but was in fact just one car, which he kept changing details & paint color on, and today it is still owned by the designer, the later W8 body mold was taken from this first pre-production car
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_W2

I started with some basic scale drawings to form a template basis, and keep dimensions correct from start of scratch build through to casting

Enjoy!
A'ye Mate, Fantastic job, as well as determination. It was around 1984 (or so), that I got "wrapped-up" in the "J.W." Dream, to the point of constructing my own "Model" of this, full size in my old living room! My wife (at the time), worked as a waitress at Waffle House, and cared for me enough to not only ALLOW this project, but helped fund the building materials cost as well from her tips. I started with 2ea Reccaro KRXT Black cloth Buckets, and two Pirelli P7 205 50 VR15's, and two 285 50 VR15 P7's, mounted on Einke series 24, 5-hole Alum Mags. All this for obtaining proper dimensions. She has the Pics from this "season of insanity" (Ha!) The Wooden Mock-up was on a grid-squared, saw horse mounted, jack screw levelable base platform of 3/4" Plywood, with 1/8" panel sheeting tacked over 3/4" Plywood bulkheads. 'Twas full size with the exception of 5" of lower rocker panel area (you know of this), so as to be able to tilt it up 90 deg on a rolling frame to get it out the door. I seem to recall that the hardest area of work was the infamous "WINDSCREEN"! When it was about 3/4 completed we loaded it up, and moved us, and it to Georgia (from FLA) when I Job re-located, where it spent the remainder of it's time in my possesion in a storage unit until I "GAVE IT AWAY" to a work mate who promised to finish it, (Have you erer seen a "Kit Car" version ?), neither have I !!! Any-who, just to tell you that you had the right idea, and that it could have been a lot ($$) worse, (Ha!). God bless you and yours, and again, GREAT JOB!! P.S. Also had a GM 425 Hydramatic ELDORADO Transaxle that did NOT make the trip. bg
Arsafraz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arsafraz For This Useful Post:
JeremyJon (12-28-2014)
Old 12-28-2014, 06:39 AM   #111
JeremyJon
AF Enthusiast

Thanks guys! Cool stories too!

Haven't been on this forum since my laptop crashed, along with my passwords and photos

More progress has continued with my Vector W2 build, most of which has been some redesign & reconstruction, so make molding/casting easier and more reliable

Rubber tires have been reproduced now, so kits will have the proper Pirelli P7 tires of that era

Old 12-28-2014, 06:43 AM   #112
JeremyJon
AF Enthusiast

Had to develop the graphics, for pending production into adhesive decals, including the original bar graph dash display of the W2

First of the components being molded for casting

Old 12-28-2014, 12:52 PM   #113
nugundam93
Blarg! Wort Wort Wort!

that decal sheet is awesome in a good 80's kind of way

sorry to hear about the laptop crash though.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:33 AM   #114
JeremyJon
AF Enthusiast

Thanks so many facets to this project, all of which require me to learn through trial & error

W2 rear bumper ready for molding/casting
Casting of door(s) now, allows me to make finished buck each for shipping out to have recast in clear resin

First resin casting of the W2 rear bumper came out well, very happy!

Door plugs cast in resin, now for final fitment, then sent out as masters for recasting in clear resin

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street