Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 10:13 PM   #91
gable74
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2003 Yukon Denali Navigation Radio

I have the factory 6 speaker BOSE system in my truck. Will that be okay for this to work?
gable74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 12:09 AM   #92
Vintalage
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Vintalage Send a message via MSN to Vintalage
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2003 Yukon Denali Navigation Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by gable74
I have the factory 6 speaker BOSE system in my truck. Will that be okay for this to work?
Sounds good to me. As long as their is a amp present that can talk to the nav unit then everything should be good.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:58 AM   #93
gable74
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2003 Yukon Denali Navigation Radio

Quote:
Sounds good to me. As long as their is a amp present that can talk to the nav unit then everything should be good.
How do i know if it can talk to the nav unit?
where is this AMP located? Is there a model number i can cross reference to be sure that my amp will work, or are you sure this one will be fine? Maybe someone who has the factory NAV unit in their setup can tell me the model number from their amp. This baby is gonna cost me a few dollars so i wanna be sure its gonna work. I guess i can always re-sell it if i have to. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:09 AM   #94
Vintalage
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Vintalage Send a message via MSN to Vintalage
Re: 2003 Yukon Denali Navigation Radio

I don't have the info you are requesting nor do I know where your amp is loacated. However, for my car, it's located in the trunk. I have the monsoon system in my car. The amp sends a signal to the headunit indicating that there is a amp present. I suppose it doesn't make much of a difference for the Navi units as it requires an external amp.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:17 AM   #95
drlib2002envoy
AF Newbie

Does any one know where to buy a OEM Navigation Radio ?
drlib2002envoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 09:47 AM   #96
copout221
AF Regular

Re: Re: 2003 Yukon Denali Navigation Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlib2002envoy
Does any one know where to buy a OEM Navigation Radio ?

>>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2462472909
copout221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 11:49 AM   #97
drlib2002envoy
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: 2003 Yukon Denali Navigation Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by copout221
Do you know if it will work in a 2002 Envoy SLT I do have the 6 disc indah Bose system
Old 02-25-2004, 12:10 PM   #98
copout221
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2003 Yukon Denali Navigation Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlib2002envoy
Do you know if it will work in a 2002 Envoy SLT I do have the 6 disc indah Bose system
No, I do not know. You will have to do some homework to find out if it will be compatible. What I did was I bought the unit for 1500.00 and took a gamble to see if it would work in my Denali. I figured I could just re-sell it on e-bay if it did not work. After it was reset by my GM dealer it has worked perfectly since. The nav feature is AWESOME!!!
copout221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 01:45 PM   #99
drlib2002envoy
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2003 Yukon Denali Navigation Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by copout221
No, I do not know. You will have to do some homework to find out if it will be compatible. What I did was I bought the unit for 1500.00 and took a gamble to see if it would work in my Denali. I figured I could just re-sell it on e-bay if it did not work. After it was reset by my GM dealer it has worked perfectly since. The nav feature is AWESOME!!!

Does any one have the pics of the back of the Nav radio like to find out if the plugs are the same
Old 02-26-2004, 11:56 PM   #100
pacethis
AF Regular

Hello Everyone,

Someone emailed me this thread showing me that my auction had been linked here for the Nav unit I'm selling.

1st, let me answer a few questions that seem to be haunting everyone on this subject. When I first installed the system in my 03 Silverado, it had the 'infamous' no sound in all modes except Nav.

My previous system was a Bose in dash 6 changer. It had an amp under the console (may be in the dash if you have a std cab?). As many have suggested, the amp was the culprit. To get the unit to function correctly, I put in an amp from a Cadillac (part 15199992). After that, everything worked great.

I'm selling as I'm putting in an experimental system. Unfortunately, I have already sold the amp separately (the two I have seen for sale on eBay in the last month pulled $40 and $100).

Also, several asked why mine shows a Chevrolet logo on startup...it's because this system is smart. It will display the logo for whatever car you put it in...at least that's the best I can gather from what I've read...

At any rate, best of luck to all!
pacethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 07:02 PM   #101
gable74
AF Regular

okay, it seems to be hit and miss here on the whole sound issue. Even with the BOSE system on the 2003 and up applications, some still report sound issues while others do not. I have a NAV unit on the way for my 2003 Silverado with a factory BOSE 6 disk setup. Im hoping i dont need the AMP. What i DO NEED is the wiring harness that connects the NAV to the 6 disk changer like seen in the caddy's and the Yukons. Even a part number or something. Im going to retrofit a Denali 6 disk changer into my console and i need this harness. Any help would be great. Thanks
Old 03-06-2004, 02:18 PM   #102
gable74
AF Regular

guess no one is fooling with these any longer?
Old 03-06-2004, 10:49 PM   #103
gable74
AF Regular

okay, some have told me that the harness is behind the console on ALL trucks, even if yours did not come with a stock changer. Does anyone know if the harness is behind the console on a siverado? The silverado does not have a remote CD option but i was wondering if it still uses the same radio harness. If it does, then there SHOULD be a plug in the console correct? Just wondering if anyone knows before i start trying to open my console up. Thanks
Old 03-07-2004, 11:47 AM   #104
pacethis
AF Regular

Re: Re: 2003 Yukon Denali Navigation Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by gable74
okay, some have told me that the harness is behind the console on ALL trucks, even if yours did not come with a stock changer. Does anyone know if the harness is behind the console on a siverado? The silverado does not have a remote CD option but i was wondering if it still uses the same radio harness. If it does, then there SHOULD be a plug in the console correct? Just wondering if anyone knows before i start trying to open my console up. Thanks

I'm going to be replacing my console today, so I'll see what I can find...
pacethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 11:57 AM   #105
gable74
AF Regular

Im a bit confused, here is my hypothosis.....a 2003 silverado does not have an aux 6 disk option for the console....it comes as a head unit. There must be pins in the stock radio harness that connect to a seperate harness in the console to plug in the factory aux CD player. Since there is no option like this for the silverado, i probably dont have those pins in my harness, thus i dont have that harness in my console. I pulled apart my console a little bit and could not find this harness that would hook up an aux CD player. Thats not to say its not tucked up under there a little farther than i looked. PACETHIS......If you have an AUX cd unit in your console, can you tell be the pin outs on the aux cd unit and on your factory radio harness? That would help me out a lot, cause even if i dont have the harnes...if i just knew what wire went where, i could add them to my factory radio harness.