Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Drag Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 03:01 PM   #91
USAKnight
AF Newbie

YOu bunch of hypocrites! Deleting my post! It's okay for you to bash American cars, but somebody with the cajones to stand up to the import fags speaks up, and he's deleted? You're just like the Japs tried to be in 1941, before WE, the AMERICANS, kicked their asses; a bunch of tyrants! I thought that maybe this was a cool place to hang out and talk cars, but I see now that it's just a bunch of punks that do nothing but bash their home country and talk about some import. People that have to buy these $250,000 cars because they lack the ability to work on a regular car.

IF YOU HATE THE UNITED STATES AND AMERICAN CARS, GET THE HELL OUT! GO TO JAPAN! THE REAL AMERICANS CERTAINLY DON'T WANT YOU HERE!

As for their military, how about PEARL HARBOR? That really happened, you know, it wasn't just a movie. We lost over 300,000 men and women, men and women a lot better than you, in that war, just because the Japs wanted to take over Asia. Ever heard about the Rape of Nanking? (I doubt you have, you probably read "Import Tuner" in history class) The Japanese Army murdered over 600,000 Chinese civilians FOR THE FUN OF IT! Two officers held a competition to see who could be the first to behead 100 Chinese.

Not American to buy American? What kind of hippie, Jap propaganda is that? I don't know if you know this or not, but when you buy foreign, people over here lose JOBS! Factories close, kids lose the chance to go to college, people lose money, the economy suffers, and our nation, or should I say my nation as it appears I'm the only REAL American here, suffers. Cars aren't the only thing the Japs are into, either. Enjoy a right to bear arms? The Japanese government is pressuring the US to adopt stricter gun control laws.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Old 07-30-2003, 03:26 PM   #92
JekylandHyde
AF - Advisor

Quote:
Originally posted by DeViL
A neighbor of mine is selling a 95 Grand Am with 167,000 miles on it, that isn't near 200k but still thats quite a damn bit and the thing still runs fine.
OK, now double the original OEM HP levels, run low 12s and do sixty 1/4 mile passes and let me know how it is running then. and I still have 20% more mileage.

Quote:
Originally posted by USAKnight
Not American to buy American? What kind of hippie, Jap propaganda is that?
You obviosuly do not understand economics or hte hippie movement. There is nothing "hippie" about what I posted. In fact, it is quite counter. It was 100% for a free enterprise system.

Quote:
I don't know if you know this or not, but when you buy foreign, people over here lose JOBS! Factories close, kids lose the chance to go to college, people lose money, the economy suffers
Then maybe American companies should do something to be competitive?
Old 07-30-2003, 03:34 PM   #93
LancasterWannaBe
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to LancasterWannaBe
Dude, CALM DOWN.

The Japanese also tested chemical weapons - including anthrax - on humans. Thats not just sick, thats evil. I know. They were the bad guys in WW2, and they lost. You want to talk history though, we the US, made a deal with them and didn't execute some of their generals so we could get some of their chemical weapon research. Now that doesn't make us look to good now does it.

If you're worried about the Japanese taking over the car business, go out and build a better car for the US. Hell, I'll help you! give me 7 more years to get my EE degree and I'll design your electrical systems.

But going off on people here isn't helping anything. It's only hurting your "cause." I read your post that got deleted and I dont recall anything offensive about it, but whatever, LET IT GO.
Old 07-30-2003, 03:40 PM   #94
BLU CIVIC
調整器

Send a message via MSN to BLU CIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to BLU CIVIC
is this what happens when old people move from yelling at people on thier porch to yelling at people on the net
1991 Civic Sedan DX - 185.8whp/139tq. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills
2006 G35 Coupe 6MT - Stock
2011 CR-Z - Stock
Old 07-30-2003, 03:43 PM   #95
LancasterWannaBe
AF Regular

it must be...
Old 07-30-2003, 04:45 PM   #96
USAKnight
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by LancasterWannaBe
it must be...
No, it's what happens when REAL, RED-BLOODED AMERICANS start standing up for their culture and heritage. I'm not alone in this. Maybe someday you will grow up and understand the dangers of globalization, but then it may very well be too late. The Japanese PM called us "fat, lazy, illiterate, and AIDS-infected" to our president's face at a summit, and you still defend those people? If American cars are so bad, how come nearly every vehicle on the road is a FORD, CHEVROLET, DODGE, or GMC truck or SUV?

BTW, I'm in my 20s, sadly a part of the generation that will see (and play a large part in) the downfall of the United States of America.

Also, how many of you hypocrites have an American flag sticker on your riceburners?
Old 07-30-2003, 05:43 PM   #97
LancasterWannaBe
AF Regular

if American cars are so popular, then we've got nothing to worry about do we?

I turn 20 this Oct, so I'll be there with you.
In the meantime, I am attending school full time, and searching for a a second part time Job or just one good full timer.

Maybe when I'm in my 20s I'll be able to do more about what I believe in, but I won't go ranting on some Auto forums only to get my posts deleted.

And no, I don't have an American flag on my teg, but I do have three on/around my home.

If I am called to, I will gladly fight and DIE for the United States, but for now, I'll drive my Integra.
Old 07-30-2003, 05:52 PM   #98
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hybridsol
Quote:

No, it's what happens when REAL, RED-BLOODED AMERICANS start standing up for their culture and heritage. I'm not alone in this. Maybe someday you will grow up and understand the dangers of globalization, but then it may very well be too late. The Japanese PM called us "fat, lazy, illiterate, and AIDS-infected" to our president's face at a summit, and you still defend those people? If American cars are so bad, how come nearly every vehicle on the road is a FORD, CHEVROLET, DODGE, or GMC truck or SUV?

BTW, I'm in my 20s, sadly a part of the generation that will see (and play a large part in) the downfall of the United States of America.

Also, how many of you hypocrites have an American flag sticker on your riceburners?
Show me where the outburst of name calling begins? (Give me a link) If the prime minister of japan hates american's so much, why did he accept the offer of the president of the united states to host there next summit in 2004? No one said american cars are bad. I fail to see how the ppl who work at various japanese car manufacturer's are in cahoots with the prime minister of japan.... No offense, but your going a little deep with the conspiracy theroy's here.
Old 07-30-2003, 06:07 PM   #99
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
OK, now double the original OEM HP levels, run low 12s and do sixty 1/4 mile passes and let me know how it is running then. and I still have 20% more mileage.
I can't show you an american car that is used to drag race with 200,000 miles on the engine. No one in their right mind is going to use an engine with that many miles on it to race competitively. There might be one out there but thats next to impossible for me to find. So what the hell does that matter? You probably have one of the better motors to come out of the Toyota assembly line, I gurantee you not all MR2's will last as good as yours seems to be doing.

Fact is 167,000 is a lot of mileage on any engine and if its held up that long then its a good engine. Thats only one case other american car owners have had engines past that as well.
Old 07-30-2003, 06:32 PM   #100
LancasterWannaBe
AF Regular

Quote:
I can't show you an american car that is used to drag race with 200,000 miles on the engine. No one in their right mind is going to use an engine with that many miles on it to race competitively. There might be one out there but thats next to impossible for me to find. So what the hell does that matter? You probably have one of the better motors to come out of the Toyota assembly line, I gurantee you not all MR2's will last as good as yours seems to be doing.

Fact is 167,000 is a lot of mileage on any engine and if its held up that long then its a good engine. Thats only one case other american car owners have had engines past that as well.
I'd have to agree with that...
Old 07-30-2003, 07:36 PM   #101
JekylandHyde
AF - Advisor

Re: .

Quote:
No one in their right mind is going to use an engine with that many miles on it to race competitively.
Agreed, I never claimed to be in my right mind

Quote:
Thats only one case other american car owners have had engines past that as well.
I fully agree that a sampling of "one" is in not indicative of the bunch.

However, I would definently wager that a Toyota engine would run longer and harder than a domestic made engine.

As for those who inquired why... I have no idea. I am not an engineer... all I know is what I have witnessed.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:55 PM   #102
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

I dunno about all that I know those Corollas don't exactly have god's gift to car engines.

Last edited by DeViL; 07-31-2003 at 01:06 AM.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:40 PM   #103
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
usaknight....you should try taking some basic economics classes......at least highschool level

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Old 07-31-2003, 08:29 AM   #104
USAKnight
AF Newbie

Why don't you take a high-school look around? Every year, thousands of workers in the textile and other industries are left jobless because of NAFTA and globalization. Why don't you go down to Mississippi and tell those people left without a way to put food on the table for their children that "it's not American to buy American" and that other bullshit? I know why, because you would walk home with your riceburner hanging out of your ass, that's why. Or go down to your local VFW and tell those guys that used to hang around such wonderful resort locales as Iwo Jima, Guadalcanal, Tarawa, and Okinawa about how wonderful the Japanese are and how bad we are? Because you would soon have an unpleasant encounter with the business end of an M1 Garand, that's why.

Neutrino, you own an American car. Why are you defending these ricers?

As for the Jap PM calling us those names, it happened. Back when George Bush Sr. was president, around 1990, I believe.

As for why American companies don't put out superfast cars, have you ever thought about something called "insurance"? Every American V8 car that comes out is persecuted by the insurance companies until it ceases production. Insurance companies had as much to do with the death of the muscle car as did OPEC, so no, I'm not just pissed at the imports.

As for factories over here, where do you think the profit goes to? Back to Japan.
Old 07-31-2003, 09:07 AM   #105
JekylandHyde
AF - Advisor

Quote:
Every American V8 car that comes out is persecuted by the insurance companies until it ceases production. Insurance companies had as much to do with the death of the muscle car
Actaully the V8's were the death of themselves... like you, they didn't realize the world has changed and they were left behind. There is logical reasons as to why V8 insurance is so high. Do you really need that explained?

Quote:
As for factories over here, where do you think the profit goes to? Back to Japan.
AS well it should. They run fine businesses, make quality products and are competitive in the market place. Again, I think you might want to look into basic economics courses. I volunteer tech through Junior Achievement if you want/need some help with these concepts.

Quote:
Or go down to your local VFW and tell those guys that used to hang around such wonderful resort locales as Iwo Jima, Guadalcanal, Tarawa, and Okinawa about how wonderful the Japanese are and how bad we are?
Do you have any idea how long ago WWII was? Do you realize the world has changed since then? Countries exist now that didn't exist then and other countries have dissolved and dissappeared.

Please come into this millennium. You are welcome here. Sit down and look around and see what it is all about now: