Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Chevelle
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: should chevy make muscle cars again ?
yes 109 78.99%
no 29 21.01%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 02:51 AM   #61
tanner07
AF Enthusiast

Re: would you agree with chevy to make a 2005 chevelle

Most people are saying that they should make a new Chevelle. To those people, please read this post.

You most likely want them to build a Chevelle to get GM back on top of things, "take a big piss on the Mustang", correct? You want a 450 horsepower big block rear wheel drive muscle machine, correct?

People, this can be done without digging up old names. I support the idea of a no frills, affordable 4 seater with a big V8, really I do. But please, please do not call it the Chevelle. The Chevelle was a classic muscle car from the 60's and 70's with, for the most part a great heritage. The name "Chevelle" on a modern muscle car just wouldn't be right. Why does a car have to be called the Chevelle to be successful? This is what GM needs to recognize.

General Motors seems to be more focused on producing cars with coined names and lots of fancy badges, but they do not truly represent their predecesors. Even if the Monte Carlo SS still hauled ass like it used to, it is NOT a real Monte Carlo SS. Even if they built the Chevelle to haul ass like it used to, it would NOT be a true Chevelle. And if they built the Chevelle to be a terrible excuse for a great car (MCSS, Impala etc.)...well, don't even get me started on how that would go over.

The way I see it, GM needs to focus on building great new cars with great new names, not FWD grocery getters with old names.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:18 PM   #62
Silverado Brethern
AF Enthusiast

That is a very good point, but what if they were to make them exactly as were before? same chasis, body, interior, and all. what would you think of that?
Old 08-02-2004, 07:00 PM   #63
tanner07
AF Enthusiast

Building a car exactly like an old Chevelle would be almost as bad as using the Chevelle nameplate on a completely new car. The thing I am saying is that Chevrolet can build a true muscle car without it having anything to do with the Chevelle. Why don't they start a new legend instead of bringing back an old one? It just seems unnecessary to me.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:47 AM   #64
kenwood guy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to kenwood guy

I would agree but I think GM is conduction a secret test look at the new gto the car was a bad as classic and they brought it back to see what kind of reaction it would get in my opinion if that car does well and I mean very well the chevelle will make a return the problem is though the times have changed the car (with all options new) will end up being over priced and no one will buy them just like opinion whats going to happen to the Gto its all on that car and the I feel the 05 mustangs sales will also determine if this legend of a car will travel through time
Old 08-31-2004, 03:54 PM   #65
sirpw
AF Newbie

I wouldnt mind but they always screw up new cars. Look at the novas and how they turned out. Look at how ugly the malibu is now. I think that the mustangs got retarded looking but I do like the 05. Corvettes are no where as cool as they were. The Camaro is horrible, so is the Trans Am. I do like the new GTO though, I work at a pontiac dealer and awe man that thing sounds sweet. You know malibus looked the same as chevelles back in the day that would be funny if they made a new chevelle that looked exactly like the new malibu. Oh and I heard from a site that they might bring the el camino back, I hope thats bull cause if they ever do the should die. That was probably the ugliest car ever created and no one farms anymore so its not really practical anymore. No matter what that car will always be ugly. Has anyone every noticed how it looks like a mullet??
Old 08-31-2004, 08:07 PM   #66
kenwood guy
AF Enthusiast

I think the el camino is an alright car (certin years that is) with aftermarket support the car looks cool And I would not be supprised if they did bring it back
Old 08-31-2004, 11:32 PM   #67
tanner07
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirpw
That was probably the ugliest car ever created and no one farms anymore so its not really practical anymore. No matter what that car will always be ugly. Has anyone every noticed how it looks like a mullet??
No one farms anymore? What the HELL are you talking about?

And let's just pretend, just for a second, that nobody does farm..this makes the El Camino impractical HOW? Buddy, you do not buy an El Camino 'cause it has a truck box on the back.

And if you think it was the ugliest car ever, why the hell are you in the Chevelle forums??
Old 09-04-2004, 06:41 PM   #68
kenwood guy
AF Enthusiast

calm down tiger!
Old 09-13-2004, 07:29 PM   #69
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kman10587

Man, don't hate on the new Malibu. That's the car that's gonna put GM back in the race for best-selling midsize sedan. Hell, I'd buy one if I were shopping for a new family sedan right now; it gets more mpg than my old V6 Camry and is considerably more powerful too.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:23 PM   #70
kenwood guy
AF Enthusiast

I dont thinks he is hating on the car but fact that it is using the malibu name thats all in my opinion they should have just changed the name of the car thats all I think the semi-hatch version is ok looking but for sure not as good as the old ones ..... lets bring some new names GM!!!
Old 09-29-2004, 10:52 AM   #71
hsas_69
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to hsas_69

I would say yes, if chevrolet could make it as cool as it used to. i would hate to have the chevelle name ruined by a shitty come back like the 2005 GTO. That car blows. So if they can make it cool, and fater than the Z06, i would be happy.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:56 AM   #72
tanner07
AF Enthusiast

They would never make an affordable muscle car faster than the Z06..that car is (well, WAS) Chevrolet's flagship model. Making a new model that is faster than it for considerably less money would just kill it.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:47 PM   #73
chevelle_1
AF Enthusiast

Thumbs down Re: Re: would you agree with chevy to make a 2005 chevelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE LIGHTING
OH MY GOD ALL OF YOU GUYS THAT ARE SAYING NO WHATS WRONG WITH YOU! MAN PONTIAC EVEN IS BRINGING OUT A NEW MUSCLE CAR THE GTO MAN CHEVYS GOTTA DO SOMTHING AND CHEVELLE I THINK IS IT ALL YOU GUYS THAT SAY NO NEED TO GIVE YOUR HEAD A SHAKE
Did you say The GTO.....You got to be kidding...That piece of
That new GTO has nothing to do with the muscle car.
If they bring the Chevelle like that....man just...don't.
I've seen the new Chevelle a private company is making (They will make less than 1000 of this model - based on the 70 Chevelle SS)...it looks good in the rendering and looks OK in the shop building it but once they rolled it out in the street....I know they can do better than that.
If they make it right I'm all for it!!!!!!!! I have a 1968 SS and a 1971 SS they are bitching!!!!!
Old 11-06-2004, 03:22 AM   #74
yenders11
AF Newbie

A new chevelle, no way, they wouldn't get it right. If they made a new 2005, they would have to keep the old body style and work with that. But knowing the new cars, they would make it front wheel drive.... I would be insulted!
Old 11-11-2004, 09:57 PM   #75
laffn69chevelle
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to laffn69chevelle

chevy better do something in a hurry or their going to go down with the rest of the ship like they allready have with the last of the new cameros. They need to make a modern version of the 69 z28
or a 70 ss 454 chevelle no aluminum crap Ls 1 or z06 motors big block power only and no aussie style
body types like the new gto it looks dumb. Let's make our own body lines like we used to in the old days......

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Chevelle