Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 08:14 PM   #61
TatII
AF Fanatic

hey but that deons't stop us from being curious. see thats what makes us curious. its like i wonder how would a apple do against a orange in a fruit blender kinda thing.
TatII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 08:56 PM   #62
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
I beg to differ, um, you dont need to spend more then 1k to make it handle better, if you really went all out, you would be outhandling GSR's and be running with ITR as the maxima is known to do on tracks
Old 01-06-2002, 09:39 PM   #63
joeB
AF Enthusiast

once again, I agree with JBL.
joeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 10:21 PM   #64
del
móddə rąytər

Quote:
Originally posted by JBL85
I beg to differ, um, you dont need to spend more then 1k to make it handle better, if you really went all out, you would be outhandling GSR's and be running with ITR as the maxima is known to do on tracks
ok, put that same amount into upgrading a prelude's suspension, or even the ITR, then what?
del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 10:36 PM   #65
TatII
AF Fanatic

hahah but DEL you first stated that it would cost a whole shit load of money to make a Maxima handle like a stock Prelude when JBL just said that i would cost less then a thousand. sooo hes just proving you wrong.
Old 01-07-2002, 12:02 AM   #66
del
móddə rąytər

Quote:
Originally posted by TatII
hahah but DEL you first stated that it would cost a whole shit load of money to make a Maxima handle like a stock Prelude when JBL just said that i would cost less then a thousand. sooo hes just proving you wrong.
and i stand by that point. have JBL list everything that it would take for a maxima to equal a stock prelude in handling. shocks and springs already equal about $700 brand new. what else can you get for $300 to get a maxima to handle like a stock lude? you still need tires, sway bars, strut braces, etc etc. and then my friend, the total goes over $1K. and then some.
Old 01-07-2002, 02:00 AM   #67
JBL85
AF Fanatic

not at all.....get some good tires......200 bucks.....lowering spring 200bucks.....front and rear sway bars.

Ok now spend the equal amount of money into a prelude

and the prelude is still gonna get its ass whooped on teh race track....HAHAHAHA

3.0 Liter 222HP and 5 speed with 700 bucks into wheels and suspension

vs

2.2 Liter 205HP and 5 speed with 700 bucks into intake and exhaust (or your choice)

Maxima will still work that prelude so hard it will cry and be sorry it had honda engineering it
Old 01-07-2002, 02:01 AM   #68
JBL85
AF Fanatic

sorry no offense, I ddint know you were driving one, but hey, I proved a fair point.
Old 01-07-2002, 10:01 AM   #69
TatII
AF Fanatic

JBL your forgettin that the new 02 Maxima's are even faster, with 3.5 liters and 255hp at the fly wheel and 246lb of torque. well but no matter what though the Max will be equal if not faster then a Lude in straight line speed. but the handling? i'm not sure. i love both cars.
Old 01-07-2002, 05:03 PM   #70
del
móddə rąytər

are you talkin about a drag race or somethin like auto-x? and no you need more than just tires and springs to make that car handle as well as a stock prelude. i don't know where you guys are gettin you info. i'll give you the fact that the maxima is a better straight line racer than the lude, although i haven't lost to one yet (mind you i have a modde prelude which may be why). but you guys are overestimating your maxima's handling capabilities when we're comparing it with a prelude, the base or type SH. tires and springs are not enough. and a maxima will never feel as nimble or agile through turns as a prelude, it's longer wheelbase and higher center of gravity prevent that. you can reduce its body lean and get better grip but it that's as far as it'll go. i'm not sure if the maxima has much understeer, but a prelude type SH, it's nonexistent, same with torque steer. that's all due to the Active Torque Transfer System. if you wanna know what that is, just let me know and i'll explain.
Old 01-07-2002, 07:29 PM   #71
JBL85
AF Fanatic

I got bored reading your life story on the prelude just now, so no expalnation necessary.....yes I know and have heard that a prelude all wheel steering sh shit is like the best in the world or something.....but your under powered by 50 lbs of torque in the 4th gen max and 70 in the 5th gen maxima.......once you get the 255 maxima.......you dont even need handling you will just flat out tear a lude into bits.....but anyhow...a maxima handles better thne you imagine.....take one for a test drive at your local nisan dealership
Old 01-07-2002, 07:47 PM   #72
del
móddə rąytər

Quote:
Originally posted by JBL85
I got bored reading your life story on the prelude just now, so no expalnation necessary.....yes I know and have heard that a prelude all wheel steering sh shit is like the best in the world or something.....but your under powered by 50 lbs of torque in the 4th gen max and 70 in the 5th gen maxima.......once you get the 255 maxima.......you dont even need handling you will just flat out tear a lude into bits.....but anyhow...a maxima handles better thne you imagine.....take one for a test drive at your local nisan dealership
well, i'm glad i can entertain you. and i have driven a maxima, plenty of times, my brother has a 01 se 20th anniversary andi like it, for a family car. i'd pick one over an accord or camry anyday. but i still won't change my mind. if you're bored with this discussion, quit replyiing to this thread then. you think the maxima is the greatest car on the road, then fine. each car has its advantages over the other. you wanna leave it at that or keep goin?
Old 01-07-2002, 08:55 PM   #73
JBL85
AF Fanatic

lets keep it rolling, im 18, i have no job, I have a car, and everything else I need, so taking 2 minutes out of my day to check email and reply is of no bother to me =)

Anyhow the maxima is still better then the prelude IMO
Old 01-07-2002, 09:10 PM   #74
del
móddə rąytər

how'd you get your car with no job?? tell your parents they have a nice car. the maxima is better than prelude as a family car. oh, and lower insurance premiums too. you have a bigger trunk too for more groceries.
Old 01-07-2002, 11:36 PM   #75
TatII
AF Fanatic

hahah this is gettin kinda childish heh, well i give it that. the MAX torque and bump steers alot, when even a accord that is practically non exisitent. well for my side of the arguement, i always thought the MAX wasn't sooo great of a handler. it handles really good for its size but its solid axle will always be its down fall. why da hell did nissan put that in the 4th gen till now? its sooo stupid.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons