Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 01:17 AM   #391
bh04
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to bh04 Send a message via Yahoo to bh04
Re: Racing Game Pre-Production: Need Your Advice, All!!!

Something lame but how about sound systems that when they're really massive, give a vibration feeling and look on the screen. And you have the option to turn it down or off. ANd if installed in the car, it adds weight to the car as well.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:43 AM   #392
elementskater15
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to elementskater15
something else...it'd be cool if we could create custom graphics and such for our cars. You could use a USB cable (if the PS3 supports it) to transfer a 2d image of your vehicle to your comp. Then, you could use photo editing software, like photo shop, to do you own graphics and paint. This would be cool if we could put together teams on an online mode or something, that way we'd all have distinguished(sp?) symbols and such. I like the stereo thing the guy above said, but dont really see it having a point. But then again, folks may not see a point in this either. Killing Moon, eventually you'll have to tell us to shut up. We video game nerds are just gonna keep coming up with more and more crap...haha
Old 11-15-2005, 05:04 PM   #393
bh04
AF Enthusiast

I just think the stereo equipment would be an added feature. Because this game will target mostly teenagers, and most teenagers.....MOST.....have subs and what not in there vehicle.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:59 PM   #394
elementskater15
AF Enthusiast

You're right...I'm 16, want this game, and have 1200watts of thunder in the hatch...HA!
Old 11-16-2005, 10:34 AM   #395
Sleepr awd
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Sleepr awd Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepr awd

ugh, yeah put stereo equipment in the game, but make the car suffer a LOT for having it, that would make it funny for all us tuners to pass up the ricers

Don't act like you don't love it.
503/2000
Old 11-16-2005, 12:57 PM   #396
Killing Moon
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Killing Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementskater15
something else...it'd be cool if we could create custom graphics and such for our cars. You could use a USB cable (if the PS3 supports it) to transfer a 2d image of your vehicle to your comp. Then, you could use photo editing software, like photo shop, to do you own graphics and paint. This would be cool if we could put together teams on an online mode or something, that way we'd all have distinguished(sp?) symbols and such. I like the stereo thing the guy above said, but dont really see it having a point. But then again, folks may not see a point in this either. Killing Moon, eventually you'll have to tell us to shut up. We video game nerds are just gonna keep coming up with more and more crap...haha
Already have that covered...don't worry, I thought about that about a year ago. And it's no stress. The more replies, the better the game gets polished.

I told everyone before, I'm in this to do this right or don't do it at all.

Funny about the stereo equipment though.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:03 PM   #397
elementskater15
AF Enthusiast

Okay, since your open to all requests, suggestions, and questions...bah, i got nothin'. One thing i was wondering about...in recent racing games no matter how much power you have, your front wheels stay on the groud. I was thinking that if you are running over 1000hp and gun it out of a corner, those wheels wont be on the pavement anymore(granted you have enough traction). Not to mention, seeing a blown muscle car carrying the front tires about three feet off the ground is just cool. Speaking of which, will we be able to see the blowers an cars using 6-71 and up roots style superchargers? Just something GT4 got me wondering about.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:54 PM   #398
planet_keeper
AF Regular

this is gonna sound a little dumb, but have a track that is just a huge, flat open square with nothing on it so that you can just mess around getting stupidly big drifts or top out your ME four-twelve or or other stuff like that that you wouldnt normally be able to do. having a map based on a gently curving freeway would be pretty cool too.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:16 AM   #399
bh04
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Racing Game Pre-Production: Need Your Advice, All!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchicoloco86
ugh, yeah put stereo equipment in the game, but make the car suffer a LOT for having it, that would make it funny for all us tuners to pass up the ricers
Exactly what I was going for. Have good brands too like Eclipse, Alpine, JL Audio, Diamond Audio. No such ones like concept or pyle or crap like that.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:30 PM   #400
Killing Moon
AF Regular

Re: Re: Racing Game Pre-Production: Need Your Advice, All!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementskater15
Okay, since your open to all requests, suggestions, and questions...bah, i got nothin'. One thing i was wondering about...in recent racing games no matter how much power you have, your front wheels stay on the groud. I was thinking that if you are running over 1000hp and gun it out of a corner, those wheels wont be on the pavement anymore(granted you have enough traction). Not to mention, seeing a blown muscle car carrying the front tires about three feet off the ground is just cool. Speaking of which, will we be able to see the blowers an cars using 6-71 and up roots style superchargers? Just something GT4 got me wondering about.
I've had that in mind as well; for high torque vehicles especially when applicable. It seems that no simulation really does this at all. I've seen plenty of drag races where this factor was either minimal or great depending on the car, so it does have to play a factor in it.

Also, we do have the option for blower-superchargers within the game via cars that can handle it (usually Amer. muscle). This would get into the "hood modification" aspect of the game as well, but I don't wanna give that away right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_keeper
this is gonna sound a little dumb, but have a track that is just a huge, flat open square with nothing on it so that you can just mess around getting stupidly big drifts or top out your ME four-twelve or or other stuff like that that you wouldnt normally be able to do. having a map based on a gently curving freeway would be pretty cool too.
Doesn't sound stupid at all, really. We already have a couple of courses in the game specialized for open drifting, but one of them for top speed testing is another treat.

Utah Salt Flats.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:01 PM   #401
Sleepr awd
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Racing Game Pre-Production: Need Your Advice, All!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killing Moon
Doesn't sound stupid at all, really. We already have a couple of courses in the game specialized for open drifting, but one of them for top speed testing is another treat.

Utah Salt Flats.
w/ the ability to put cones down !!! like open tarmac, then open desert too but you can put cones down to perfect techniques like cornering in exactly what you want to practice! that would rock

updated car list?? i really wanna see the S13 240sx on there!

503/2000
Old 11-18-2005, 02:53 AM   #402
Killing Moon
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Re: Racing Game Pre-Production: Need Your Advice, All!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchicoloco86
w/ the ability to put cones down !!! like open tarmac, then open desert too but you can put cones down to perfect techniques like cornering in exactly what you want to practice! that would rock

updated car list?? i really wanna see the S13 240sx on there!
That'd be very simple to do. It could be accomplished via the map screen which is already setup in the script for the "coach mode".

Really good idea though!!

I'm working on the list now; having some technical difficulties with the GDS for the past few days.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:14 PM   #403
Sleepr awd
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Racing Game Pre-Production: Need Your Advice, All!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killing Moon
Really good idea though!!
oh...i kno

503/2000
Old 11-18-2005, 08:51 PM   #404
bh04
AF Enthusiast

Have it so cops chase too. I like it when they chase us. And if our cars are really "suped" up, they have a very hard time keeping up with us. Have road blocks and spike strips. I have always wanted a game with that stuff in it. Not like NFS Hot Pursuit, that was so stupid.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:58 PM   #405
elementskater15
AF Enthusiast

cops would be cool. Have it realistic, like they'd have Crown Vics, suburbans, etc. And i agree, having cops that you can outrun with enough hop ups would be the shiznit. Games like NFS:HP screwed up on this because there's cop cars like diablos and such

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic