Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 01:41 PM   #331
MaxRX7
AF Enthusiast

I think the 03 Altima looks better and way newer than the 95-96 Maximas. If I could choose a 97-99 Maxima that would be my pick.
Since the Altima is more modern and has rear folding seats I pick it above the 96.
Old 02-07-2003, 01:48 PM   #332
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
Yeah, the 97-99 has a much nicer front end and nicer tail lights, 95-96 was always a little old looking for me.
Old 02-07-2003, 01:51 PM   #333
thrasher
AF Enthusiast

jbl, thanks for agreeing buddy, i knew you'd come around sooner or later
thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 01:56 PM   #334
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by thrasher
jbl, thanks for agreeing buddy, i knew you'd come around sooner or later
agreeing to what? Your lack of Intelligence?
Old 02-07-2003, 02:19 PM   #335
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by JBL85
Its not 205Hp, its 200hp, and dont bother to argue with me on this one, because an Auto prelude has hp reduction for the auto tranny, I think its even less then 200, something like 194.

So what, a S2000 only makes 158lbs or torque at the fly wheel, but I have yet to see you beat one.

Point is, the gearing in a 5 speed Altima is much better than an automatic Maxima period. You think I would have kept going for twenty two pages if I didnt think I was right.

If I would have posted this on Maxima.org, you would have had a bunch of those guys laughing at you for even thinking a 96 Maxima could beat an 03 Altima.

Did you even read what i posted before you replied???
i was talking about a maxima's 205 lbs/ft torque vs a preludes 142 lbs/ft torque
and as far as the s2000, a maxima doesn't make 120 hp per liter. not to mention an s2000 is an all out sports car not a 4 door sedan. it seems like the s2000 is your only argument. you act like an automatic tranny is gonna take away 50 hp.
me and thrasher were the first ones to disagree with you and we made valid points and maintained our civility. The first person to lash out was YOU with the post claiming that we were being "F'in' ignorant" so don't say we started it. and i dare you to go to the org and put a post about your altima beating a maxima. see who gets flamed

Last edited by Paonessa; 02-07-2003 at 02:59 PM.
Paonessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 02:22 PM   #336
Strider Negro
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Strider Negro Send a message via MSN to Strider Negro
why are u insulting people man?
just because someone says that your car is slower you immediately go back to 3rd grade intelligence and decide to call people names.
People who usually do that know that they are wrong and need to tell someone off just to make themselves feel better.
So what if people don't agree with you, WHO CARES?
Race with your cousin who has the 96 or 95 max(don't remember which), bring a video camera and just tape the race. Post it here and if you win we will all say: Holy shit he was right, you know what JBL we were wrong.

So far you haven't done anything, you only challenged people here from the forum. Calling everyone names and acting like a 7 year old boy who lost his cookie.
Get a camera(they are cheap nowadays), race a 4th generation maxima, and if you win post it here.
That's all you have to do.
Can you do that? or do you still have to call everyone names instead of acting like an adult and being rational about it?
The choice is yours to make.....
Strider Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 03:01 PM   #337
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

that sound logical to me.

c'mon nick call him an idiot and tell him to STFU. just like everyone else who makes you look stupid
Old 02-07-2003, 04:41 PM   #338
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Paonessa
that sound logical to me.

c'mon nick call him an idiot and tell him to STFU. just like everyone else who makes you look stupid
Well reason I am telling you to STFU and get out of the argument is because you keep saying you can smoke me. Well no shit Eienstein, you have a 5 speed right. It says so under your name. You keep claiming that if you lived in So Cal you would come smoke me, well what do you want me to say, should I UPS you a cookie? Or can I just use my freedom of speech and say STFU. Up to you. If I am being childish is because you guys keep using the same arguments, such as power, weight and the fact that the Altima is a "slow POS". Well congratuluations you guys have an opinion.

Its been me vs about 20 others of you and all you guys can say is my car sucks. Well hello, its a lot newer then your 95-96 POS. And its faster then the Automatic ones as well. If you have a bunch of mods, well you probably would beat me.

I didnt come in here talking shit, you guys pissed me off with your posts insulting my car right off the bat.
Quote:
I spanked a 97 GLE and a 96 SE in my 2.5 S

I think if you are going to beat a 5 speed v6 your gonna need all the bolt ons and then some. But if its an auto, get full exhaust system, yes the race pipe and intake and you should have the edge on a stock auto.
Thats all I said... It was true to because the races were set up ones and I won, fair and square, yeah sure the guys in the Maximas, well my cousin too, were a bit suprised that a car with 175hp motor that was improperley broken in beat them.

So MaximusGTR is not going to race me and has not responded to my PM's, I understand he is busy and thinks he can win. If someone in so-cal wants to come watch me vs my cousins 96 SE so that I have proof I won, then let me know and I will arrange a race. I dont feel like racing on video then having you guys say it was rigged. Thats the reason this race has still not happened with us.

So I am going to keep posting as long as you guys still feel a 4th Gen Automatic Maxima is faster then my 3rd Gen 2.5 Manual Transmission Altima

-Nick
Old 02-07-2003, 05:06 PM   #339
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

so then fuck it. i'm gonna keep knowing in my head that a 4th gen max is faster even if it is auto, until i see substantial proof otherwise. my thinking was that I beat the 2.5 that i raced by so much that i could've piled 4 of my friends in the backseat and done it all day long(i already had one passenger in the front, and the other dude was solo). If you had an SE-R sentra and said you'd beat an auto 4th gen maxima i'd say "it's possible, maybe even probable." but i can't see you beating one in an altima.
Old 02-07-2003, 05:07 PM   #340
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Strider Negro
why are u insulting people man?
just because someone says that your car is slower you immediately go back to 3rd grade intelligence and decide to call people names.
People who usually do that know that they are wrong and need to tell someone off just to make themselves feel better.
So what if people don't agree with you, WHO CARES?
Race with your cousin who has the 96 or 95 max(don't remember which), bring a video camera and just tape the race. Post it here and if you win we will all say: Holy shit he was right, you know what JBL we were wrong.

So far you haven't done anything, you only challenged people here from the forum. Calling everyone names and acting like a 7 year old boy who lost his cookie.
Get a camera(they are cheap nowadays), race a 4th generation maxima, and if you win post it here.
That's all you have to do.
Can you do that? or do you still have to call everyone names instead of acting like an adult and being rational about it?
The choice is yours to make.....
Amen, I'm with you all the way, if you look at my post to Nick's replies, I never cussed, cursed or use profane language towards him and he's not even a Maxima owner any longer but yet he curses or cusses everybody.

Nick, you are a guest like everyone us, the difference here is that you have an Altima and we own Maximas so that makes you more of a guest than us, at least try to respect that, even if you don't respect us or the Maxima.

As far as this racing stuff, it needs to happen just to shut you up, if I were in Cali, I'd drive out on the weekend with my video camera and raced you just to have this thread end.

Be respectful to people and they will respect you, if you don't give it, you won't get it.
Old 02-07-2003, 06:31 PM   #341
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by bk2kmax

Be respectful to people and they will respect you, if you don't give it, you won't get it.
Fuck that, everyone bagged on my altima from post 4. So I dont need any respect and I dont want any respect, nor will I give any respect.

Quote:
Originally posted by Paonessa
so then fuck it. i'm gonna keep knowing in my head that a 4th gen max is faster even if it is auto, until i see substantial proof otherwise. my thinking was that I beat the 2.5 that i raced by so much that i could've piled 4 of my friends in the backseat and done it all day long(i already had one passenger in the front, and the other dude was solo). If you had an SE-R sentra and said you'd beat an auto 4th gen maxima i'd say "it's possible, maybe even probable." but i can't see you beating one in an altima.
Like I said before, did you want a cookie or something?
Old 02-07-2003, 06:40 PM   #342
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

Like I said before, did you want a cookie or something?
See what I mean, I never cursed/cussed you and all you can do is use profanity like someone is supposed to be scared of you or something, go find a Maxima to race so that you can calm your nerves.

If you don't want any respect you won't get any. Very childish behavior, do you want a cookie or something? Very teenagerlike.

Use your head and grow up, you have teenagers on this forum as well and this is how you act. Keep your cookies to yourself no one wants them on this board.
Old 02-07-2003, 06:55 PM   #343
daveauth21
AF Enthusiast

its me again!!!

hey nick, those cookies you keep talking about if their homemade chocolate chip cookies then e-mail me i'll buy a batch from you,oh and send me some of what your smoking on cause i need to beat my friend z06 vette:bonghitte
daveauth21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 07:24 PM   #344
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by bk2kmax

See what I mean, I never cursed/cussed you and all you can do is use profanity like someone is supposed to be scared of you or something, go find a Maxima to race so that you can calm your nerves.

If you don't want any respect you won't get any. Very childish behavior, do you want a cookie or something? Very teenagerlike.

Use your head and grow up, you have teenagers on this forum as well and this is how you act. Keep your cookies to yourself no one wants them on this board.
Did you see a curse word in that post you were quoting?

dave: I dont do drugs, if you want to beat a vette, your gonna need something other then your family sedan with an auto tranny.
Old 02-07-2003, 07:39 PM   #345
Pick
AF Fanatic

Like I said before, basically what JBL is saying is 5-speed= 20 HP and 25-30 TQ.
JBL, you can argue all you want, but facts cannot be argued with, especially when we have evidence the Maxima is faster and you have no evidence the Altima is faster. That is what it all comes down to, so stop denying the facts. You sound like fricking O.J. Simpson.
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35